Hydraulic Structures Engineer in Training (EIT) - (175731)
About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
Primary ResponsibilitiesIn the role of Hydraulic Structures Engineer in Training (EIT), we'll count on you to:
- Prepare pre inspection planning tasks including but not limited to site walks, development of health and safety plans, rigging and rescue plans, confined space entry plans, coordinating with health and safety.
- Complete required training and pass the test to obtain rope access (SPRAT) certification within the first six months of hire, maintain SPRAT certification, and complete required annual trainings and certifications. (HDR covers expenses associated with trainings and certifications).
- Perform both walkable and rope access inspections and structural assessments of structures.
- Assist in the preparation of written reports summarizing inspections and findings.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification
- Experience: 0-2 years in civil/structural engineering
- Highly motivated and independent with a strong work ethic
- Attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to travel on short notice
- Ability to travel for one week-long mobilization at a time
- Physical abilities to traverse steep slopes, work within confined spaces, perform inspections while climbing structures
- Recreational climbing experience
- Capable of lifting and carrying 50 lbs and wearing up to 50 lbs
- Ability and experience to lead the work of others, communicate and maintain proper working relationships
- Strong interpersonal, speaking, and writing skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, or similar analytical software
- Previous structural design experience (internship or full-time work experience) is a plus
- Master's degree
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way. We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee ownership, employee health, performance, and success, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off, parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, employee referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement. The expected compensation range for this position is $69,097 - $93,484 annually depending upon skills, experience, education and geographical location.
: United States-California-Folsom
: United States-California-Sacramento
: RegularBusinessClass: Dams Levees Civil Works
: Sep 29, 2023