Bridge Engineer - 2-4 Years - Structural
KPFF LA Structural has an opening for a Structural Engineer in our Los Angeles office. We are seeking a highly motivated person with a passion for engineering excellence and eager to develop design and project management skills. This position will provide the opportunity to work for a variety of public and private clients on all types of projects through planning, design, permitting and construction. Our work focuses on structural design on infrastructure projects, including bridges, waterfront infrastructure, and other horizontal construction projects on the West Coast region. Our engineers work in a team structure that allows frequent collaboration and connection to all layers of our organization, from interns to Principals. We foster a culture where our engineers collaborate outside of the project work through social events, educational programs and technical training. We provide numerous opportunities for professional growth, learning, and teaching. Individual accomplishments and successful projects determine your future at KPFF, and your dedication and talent will drive your career here.This is an Exempt employment position, all overtime hours are paid at an hourly rate. BenefitsKPFF is proud to provide our employees with benefits options that fit their unique lives, including:
- Two medical insurance plan options for you to choose from, a traditional PPO plan and a HDHP plan
- Dental Insurance
- 7 paid holidays, and 2 floating holidays for you to use each year
- 2 weeks vacation annually, with competitive seniority based accruals
- 2 weeks of personal and sick time to care for yourself and your family members
- KPFF will contribute 3% of your base salary to your 401(k) regardless of your contribution
- KPFF Paid Family Leave: Provides 60% of your base salary while on an approved leave for up to 6 weeks in a rolling 12-month period
- 40-hour work schedule, Monday through Friday
- Flexible scheduling - core hours of collaboration are 9:30-3:30 PM
- Those who receive their PE or SE at KPFF will receive a bonus in addition to testing fee reimbursement
- Licensed PE's and SE's receive a cell phone stipend
- Monthly Way We Work stipend for remote work and transit expenses
- Semi-annual Bonuses
- Opportunities for educational events, relationship building, and fun!
- B.S. in Civil Engineering (with a structural emphasis)
- M.S in Civil Engineering preferred (with a structural emphasis)
- EIT is required
- Concrete, steel, and timber coursework and /or design experience
- Pre-stressed concrete and seismic coursework and/or design experience
- Familiarity with non-linear analysis
- Ability to work dynamically with clients and project team members
- At least two years of full-time experience as a structural DE or equivalent is required
- If you are interested in this position, please apply on our careers page. Resumes submitted elsewhere will not be considered.
Link to job posting: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=KPFF_2&cws=64&rid=2167Transcripts must be provided prior to an interview. Cover letter is preferable and should address the following:
- Describe a time when you were assigned a project or task that turned out to be really difficult. How did you work through it, and what was the outcome?
- Who has most influenced you and why?
Examples of Projects:
- Wharves and Piers
- Water Treatment Infrastructure
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to actively engage with a computer for several hours per day.
- May occasionally need to lift items up to 15 lbs.
Our Employees Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy, and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to critically thinking through problems and finding solutions. Our CompanyKPFF Consulting Engineers provides civil and structural engineering services to architects, government agencies, developers, contractors, and institutional clients. Our Los Angeles Structural office is located at the Bloc in Downtown Los Angeles. A warm and friendly environment, we are dedicated to growing with our employees and allowing people to pursue their passions. KPFF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.