DescriptionIf you're passionate about the design and function of the built environment, find beauty in and want to protect the natural environment, and want to work with others that feel the same, join our team! LaBella’s multi-disciplinary team of architects, designers, engineers, managers, and environmental scientists work every day to make our world more functional, beautiful, and safe.
LaBella is an employee-owned firm with annual accolades for workplace culture, growth, ethics, and philanthropy. We cultivate each employee’s growth, expand our expertise, and bring out the best in every client project.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to fill a Bridge Project Engineer position in our Syracuse, NY office to lead, oversee, supervise, and coordinate project activities for assigned project through all phases.
- Ensure the success of the projects under his/her management (including planning, quality assurance, deadlines, and financial aspects/collections) and the substantial quality of the firm’s services
- Handle all aspects of a project, including proposal, contract negotiation, Project Work Plan (scope, fees, hours, schedule, budget), negotiate terms and conditions, and final agreement/contract in conjunction with the project team
- Plan, organize, and supervise the work and workload of project staff
- Monitor project costs to ensure that project is delivered within budget
- Review invoice charges for accuracy related to hours billed, coordinate customer billing and/or invoicing with Accounting Department, and follow up on outstanding invoices as needed
- Prepare monthly financial reports (project percent complete, month end closeouts, projections, etc.)
- Resolve all project related issues
- A licensed, New York State Professional Engineer with 8-15 years of Bridge Project Management experience and previous NYDOT experience.
- Proven ability to manage bridge projects and lead teams to meet schedule, budget and quality
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work remotely with team members in other offices
- Experience with local municipality and state projects
Salary Range: $80,000 - $115,000
The specific salary offered may be influenced by a variety of factors including but not limited to the candidate's relevant experience, education, and work location.
Body, mind, and wallet—LaBella’s benefits support a holistic approach to your health and wellness, creating the foundation for physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our benefit offerings cover the must-haves (healthcare and retirement), the just-in-cases (insurances and employee assistance programs), and the cherry-on-tops (fitness reimbursements, year-end incentive pay, and tuition assistance). Visit our website for more details on benefits listed below.
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Health/Dental Insurance
- 401k Plan with Employer Match
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Leadership Development Program
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness Program
- Team Building Events
- Community Service Events
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
LaBella is committed to facilitating a culture where diversity, equity, and inclusion are respected, valued, and celebrated by implementing thoughtful, practical, and innovative strategies that support our employees and serve the communities in which we reside. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.
LaBella Associates does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting professionals or agencies, nor do we accept resumes from any source that does not reference a specific, open position. LaBella Associates will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resume submitted by recruiting professionals or agencies that do not have a current placement fee agreement with LaBella Associates. All initial communication with recruiting professionals or agencies must go through human resources.