Job DescriptionThe Senior Geotechnical Engineer is responsible for providing support to the different areas, actively participating in the projects. He must provide technical and engineering recommendations in relation to the design and engineering services for each project, in order to reduce the probability of different causes of error in the implementation and execution stages. In addition, he must ensure the creation of safe and reliable designs in compliance with current regulations and the client's internal regulations.Position Responsibilities
- Carry out geoanalytical projects, from the information gathering stage to the delivery of finished projects. Deliverables of intermediate milestones in projects of said specialty as appropriate.
- Carry out technical analyzes of potential problems raised by the client, to ensure compliance with the assigned service and/or project contract.
- Prepare engineering analysis, design and reports for projects related to geotechnical design from the conceptual design stages to the advanced design stages.
- Manage and review the preparation of design drawings and specifications, including scoping study through detailed design and construction.
- Develop construction and engineering cost estimates.
- Manage design analysis, such as; estimation of foundation soil support capacity, slope stability, infiltration, water balance, surface and groundwater.
- Present technical reports, proposals and project documents, among others as required.
- Collaborate with other areas, acting as an expert in their discipline and thus managing the specific requirements of each project.
- Ensure that all specialty design documents and/or plans comply with legal and regulatory requirements, company policies and practices.
- Build relationships with the engineers on your team and critical positions in other areas to ensure that project objectives are met.
- Prepare documents and/or design plans, preliminary and detailed, as well as ensure that the deliverables of the different stages of the projects meet the conditions and requirements requested by the client. The above, complying with the associated times and budgets.
- Report changes identified in project bases, as appropriate.
- Comply with committed dates for engineering deliverables and report any deviations in a timely manner.
- Be permanently updated regarding new solutions in the industry.
- Manage the internal procedures of the company and the projects on which you work.
Requirements for the Position
- Professional Degree in Civil Engineering, Geology, Construction Engineering or related field. Postgraduate or specialization in geotechnics desirable.
- Between 5 to 7 years of work experience in similar positions within geotechnical engineering companies, desirable with a focus on mining services.
- Knowledge in application of dynamic stability models and analysis.
- Knowledge of geotechnical software: Plaxis, FLAC, HEC-RAS, Geostudio, Rocscience, TMS, or similar.
- Advanced level of Microsoft Office.
- Intermediate English (desirable).
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated **.**