Job DescriptionThe Geotechnical Engineer will perform professional work assignments designed to develop and increase professional work knowledge and abilities, requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related tasks. This individual must exemplify moderate exercise of judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of alternatives.Job Responsibilities:
- Lead by example and place Quality, Health & Safety, Security, and the protection of the Environment as core values while never intentionally placing employees, our processes, customers, or the communities in which we live and work at risk.
- Provide geotechnical advice and/or reports in multiple specialized technical disciplines and develop solutions for clients by putting acquired geotechnical data into context.
- Apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results, and follow operations through a series of detailed steps or processes.
- Work with other project professionals with project execution including coordination of field exploration, assigning laboratory testing, and performing analyses.
- Work with project professionals with the proposal and report preparation.
- Make presentations to clients and staff.
- Ensure that commitments to clients are met for budget, timeliness, and accuracy
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Geology, or equivalent required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Professional Engineer license or ability to obtain in near future.
- Possess an excellent understanding and knowledge of the geotechnical engineering disciplines.
- Possess an overall understanding of technical requirements and field data acquisition procedures.
- Must be proficient in the use of software for communication, project management, and technical analysis
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contracts and proposal requests, technical procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to write reports, proposals, and business correspondence with clarity and good grammar.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Staff Engineer, Project Engineer, Principle Engineer, and Senior Engineer.What’s in it for you?At Fugro, our people are our number one priority and central to our purpose to create a safe and livable world. Our values set the foundation for our unique culture: we are determined to deliver, we prepare for tomorrow, we do what’s right, and we build trust. Our talent philosophy is seeded by our values and fueled by a passion for learning, developing leadership behaviors, transparency, and accountability.Fugro offers opportunities to sharpen skills and provide career growth through on-the-job learning experiences, LinkedIn Learning access, business and technical training, and leadership development programs.We value the mental, physical, and financial health of our employees and their families and offer a variety of flexible work models. Fugro USA’s comprehensive benefits package also ensures you have choices that fit your needs at any life stage.How to apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated**.**Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.