Job DescriptionAs a Geotechnical Engineer you assist the more Senior Geotechnical Engineers with work on site characterisation for structures in or on the seabed e.g. offshore wind turbine generators, intercontinental infrastructure and offshore platforms. You do this by providing high-quality soil characterisation under demanding conditions. A role with in-office reporting in which you continue to develop your geotechnical knowledge.Your role:
- You participate to offshore fieldwork on geotechnical vessels during which you are involved in processing/interpretation of in situ tests (such as CPT), description and laboratory testing of soil and/or rock samples;
- You manage the work around the process of acquiring, analysing, engineering and interpreting geotechnical data in order to provide accurate and customised services to our clients;
- You provide geotechnical advice independently in contexts which are straightforward and in more complex situations you work on solutions to clients together with more Senior Geotechnical Engineers by putting acquired geotechnical data into context;
- You evaluate the test results, perform engineering analyses and compile all results into a high-quality report for our clients.
Your track record:
- You have a BSc or MSc degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering or Geology, in combination with minimum two years of relevant working experience;
- You have knowledge of and interest in soil investigation, soil mechanics and foundation engineering;
- You have excellent communication and language skills in English (written and spoken). French is considered as a plus;
- You have a hands-on mentality, you are pro-active, analytical and you easily interact with other people internally and externally;
- You are organised, autonomous, rigorous with attention to details;
- You understand QHSSE and processes.
- You are eligible to work in the EU
What Fugro offer:
- A dynamic and inclusive working atmosphere in a consulting company part of a large international group;
- A challenging and varied job in an internationally orientated and innovating company;
- A challenging and varied job in an internationally orientated and innovating company.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated**.**