Job DescriptionFugro is seeking an Offshore Surveyor to join our Marine Asset Integrity department based in Leidschendam. The department specializes in offshore Positioning, Survey Construction (PCS) and Inspection projects globally.As an Offshore Surveyor, you are an integral part of the Offshore Survey Team, focused on mobilisation and operation of positioning and survey equipment, including acquisition and quality control of data onboard offshore vessels. The role of an Offshore Surveyor is varied and offers the opportunity to not only set up, test and operate a variety of innovative, market-leading survey and positioning systems, such as Fugro’s Vision Technology and Low Logistics Autonomous Underwater Vehicle, but also to collect, arrange and present results from various survey sensors.Your role
- You are responsible for executing positioning and navigation tasks and are able to run projects of low complexity;
- You ensure the correct offsets, measurements and calibrations of positioning equipment and the set-up and/or operation of survey equipment;
- You carry out acquisition of survey data, including computations, in-field data processing and compilation of survey reports;
- You are responsible for the appropriate QC of data, computations and reports;
- You perform administrative duties incl. compilation of project procedures and maintaining an accurate and complete logbook;
What you bring along
- You have BSc. degree in e.g. Hydrographic Surveying or Geodetic Surveying and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- You have previous offshore experience on a variety of survey projects and willing to work offshore for approximately 195 days per year;
- You have experience in calibration and verification of survey sensors for surface and subsea positioning and are proficient in the setup and operation of commonly used survey sensors, e.g. GNSS, Gyro, MRU, USBL and ideally also with MBES, USBL, LBL INS and Digital Video;
- You have a sound understanding of the principles of real-time positioning, data acquisition and data QC and are proficient in the use of online survey software;
- You are good at problem solving, enjoy tackling technical challenges, have a can-do attitude and good communication and language skills in English (written and spoken).
What Fugro offers
- A competitive salary;
- 29 holidays per year based on a fulltime employment (of which 4 are appointed by Fugro management) and the possibility to purchase 12 additional days;
- Extensive career & training opportunities both nationally and internationally;
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home in accordance with your manager and corporate policies;
- Commuting allowance;
- Modern pension scheme;
- Collective health insurance;
- Possibility to register with our corporate fitness plan;
- Coaching options through our EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Are you interested?Please visit our Company Page to find out more on what it is like to work at Fugro. For further information, please contact Dominique Wesenbeek, Corporate Recruiter, tel. +31 (0)6 - 38599556.After you have applied
- You will receive an automated confirmation-email of the receipt of your application.
- When we see a match, we will invite you for the first interview within a couple of days. Of course, you will also receive a message if we will not invite you;
- After a successful first round, you will be invited for the second round.
- If we are both still positive after the second interview, we will make you an offer, and with that we hope to welcome you at Fugro!
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated**.**