Supported by more than 3,500 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, and construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration, and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Michael Baker International addresses bridge design, construction, and preservation challenges with innovative and sustainable solutions. Exemplifying its depth and versatility in the bridge space, Michael Baker International, ranked Number 5 by Engineering News-Record in its annual ranking of Bridge Design Firms in the United States, has partnered with clients on all phases of design and inspection across the full spectrum of bridge types - from design of cast-in-place or precast prestressed concrete girder freeway and river crossings, steel plate girder railroad grade separations, and seismic design and retrofits, to inspection of major steel truss, cable-stayed, suspension, and tied-arch river crossings, to design-build project delivery contractor partnerships and construction support engineering, and everything in-between. The Michael Baker Bridge Practice consists of over 300 professionals dedicated to providing the highest quality solutions for our clients through teamwork and inter-office collaboration that leverages a deep bench of technical knowledge and experience.
As a part of our Bridge Group, the Bridge Associate II is responsible for structural design and analysis of civil engineering and infrastructure projects for transportation related structures including bridges, retaining walls, and flood control structures. You will leverage your engineering knowledge and skills to prepare bridge planning studies, construction documents, reports, and calculations. You will have the opportunity to grow your technical competency under guidance such that you can take on increasingly challenging tasks with commensurately increasing responsibility and autonomy.• Prepare studies, construction documents (PS&E), drawings, reports, and supporting documentation.
• Develop and maintain software for finite element analysis, design, post-processing, and load rating.
• Assist with the development of technical specifications for proposed designs.
• Prepare quantities and construction cost estimates.
• Occasionally visit work site, monitoring project progress.
• Coordinate with CADD technicians to ensure timely and accurate document or drawing preparation.
• Consult with senior engineers and task managers to review analyses, calculations, and designs.• Coordinate with other civil disciplines to ensure systematic design cohesion.
• B.S. Civil Engineering. M.S. Structural Engineering highly preferred.
• Utah Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certification
• Entry level work experience in structural/bridge design.
• Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software.
• Knowledge of AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications preferred.• Excellent written communication skills.
The salary range for this position is $57,000-$80,000. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.