Project Geotechnical Engineer
Haley & Aldrich is a 900+ personnel national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of our culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.We are looking to add new talent to our growing team! We are currently seeking a Project Geotechnical Engineer with strong technical and leadership skills to work on challenging geotechnical and integrated geotechnical/environmental services projects for a wide range of clients. This position will require a combination of field and office work. This is a full-time position located in our Boston, MA office.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Work collaboratively on all aspects of the project to address client goals and objectives, with a primary focus on:
- Monitoring subsurface exploration and testing activities (e.g., test borings geoprobes, CPTs) to collect soil, bedrock, and groundwater samples, perform field vane shear testing and soil classification, and collect other pertinent information for project design in accordance with applicable ASTM standards, company standard procedures, and other industry standard guidelines.
- On-site construction monitoring, site-engineering, excavation, construction dewatering, temporary excavation support systems, and/or slope stability evaluations for both geotechnical and environmental projects.
- Monitoring ground movements caused by construction activities, developing threshold criteria, reviewing monitoring data, and communicating results with contractors and owners.
- Execute projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary, and scheduling requirements.
- Demonstrate strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Have experience in performing geotechnical field observation and testing programs, including laboratory test selection and data evaluation.
- Perform construction field observation activities and prepare field reports.
- Conduct and analyze routine data collection, synthesis, management and analysis using approved procedures appropriate for their discipline.
- Compile, reduce, analyze, manage, and report field, instrumentation, geological, and/or environmental data using spreadsheets and other tools.
- Coordinate with client representatives and contractors.
- Bachelor of Science in civil/geotechnical engineering, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in relevant professional services consulting.
- Knowledge of geotechnical instrumentation programs and related ground movement.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient at writing reports to meet project requirements, including MCP regulatory deliverables.
- Strong computer literacy skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Blue Beam preferred.
- Strong commitment to our safety culture. Must comply with company and client Health & Safety protocols.
- Has or will apply for professional certification in their core discipline, where applicable, such as EIT or PE.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, have a reliable form of transportation to travel to job sites and the office, and be willing and able to travel to temporary assignments across the U.S.
- This position will entail field sampling, lifting and transporting up to 50lbs of field equipment unassisted, bending, walking on uneven ground, working on large construction/industrial sites, working in the elements (following our Health & Safety guidelines), such as snow, rain, heat, etc., and use of personal-protective equipment (PPE).
About Haley & Aldrich
Haley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 900 engineers, scientists, and constructors in more than 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package and you can find a detailed list of all our benefits here. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.Note to External Search Firms: Haley & Aldrich does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Haley & Aldrich Talent Acquisition engages with search firms through CrowdStaffing directly for hiring needs.#LI-SB1