Co-Op - Geotechnical/Environmental Engineering
At Haley & Aldrich, a 900-person national engineering and environmental consulting firm, our creative, technically strong staff work collaboratively to deliver exceptional value to clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving complex challenges and for creating change, which is a vital part of our culture, no matter what role a staff member holds.We are looking to bring on a Co-Op to serve as a Civil/Environmental Engineering Technician assisting office engineers and project managers with day-to-day project tasks. This is a full-time role that will be 4-6 consecutive months beginning in January 2024. This is a fantastic opportunity to get some hands-on, working field experience and be a valuable contributor to our project teams. This role will be based out of our Boston, MA office location.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Serve in a field support role, working on some interesting and technically-challenging projects.
- Assist engineers and Project Managers with the planning and execution of site characterization programs on various infrastructure and real estate development projects.
- Assist with evaluation of subsurface geotechnical and environmental data.
- Assist in performing geotechnical design/analysis and developing geotechnical recommendations.
- Asist laboratory manager in running geotechnical testing on soil samples.
- Express a willingness to visit construction sites to assist in the field with our construction monitoring service group.
- Candidate should be at least 2 years into their academic career.
- Candidate should be enrolled in a civil, geotechnical, or environmental engineering educational program (undergraduate or graduate).
- GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Demonstrate initiative and a willingness to learn.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent communication skills.
- Computer Skills – Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in all MS Office software.
- 40-hour OSHA trained and certified is preferred but not required.
- Driver’s license highly preferred.
- Ability to work for 3 or more consecutive months on a full-time basis.
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 900 engineers, scientists, and constructors in more than 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Learn more at haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran, or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan, and a solid benefits package. Interested candidates should apply on our Careers page.Note to external search firms: Haley & Aldrich does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Haley & Aldrich’s talent acquisition team engages with search firms directly through CrowdStaffing for hiring needs. #LI-SB1