Salary Range:$18.00 To 18.00 Hourly Are we the road to your future? Volkert is employee owned and a Top 100 design firm, committed to delivering the future of infrastructure in three key areas of service: Design + Engineering, Planning + Environmental, and Program + Construction Management. We are currently hiring Debris Monitors for immediate hire!
Rate of pay is $18.00/hr. and mileage reimbursement up to 100/per day at the rate of $0.655. (Must have reliable transportation for driving to various locations)
OVERTIME AVAILABLE! Self-motivated and dedicated individuals who work overtime have an opportunity to make over $1300 per week!
Don't miss out on this opportunity to make a significant amount of income in a short period of time. Plus, it is an opportunity to make an impact daily to help restore the devasted areas affected by the hurricane.
This is a temporary assignment estimated to last 6 to 8 months. This position is for immediate work, no experience required because training will be provided to you.
Counties you may be assigned to work in are Madison, Taylor, LaFayette, Suwannee, Dixie, and Levy. What you’ll be doing:
- Report to assigned staging area
- Receive your materials/supplies/equipment/information
- Attend safety & operations meeting
- Monitor and observe all loading activities
- Make sure Contractors pick up all eligible storm-related debris
- Observe surroundings for possible hazards
- Fill out Load Tickets completely and accurately
- Record any damages caused by a Contractor
What you need to have:
- Valid driver's license (not suspended), MVR must be cleared before you can begin work
- Cell phone to be contacted throughout assignment
- Reliable transportation for driving to various locations
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic math skills - measurements (weight, volume, and distance)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to speak and read English fluently
- Be able to work long shifts throughout the day and up to 7 days per week
- Be able to climb staircases and ladders at least 10 feet
- Be able to work outdoors in all types of weather as required
- Ability to use handheld electronic devices (digital camera, GPS unit) with minimal oversight
The words from our Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Thomas A. Hand, PE, capture best how you can make an impact while working for Volkert. “For nearly a century, Volkert has done meaningful work that improves our infrastructure and quality of life. With our commitment to employee ownership and sustainable growth, you can build a career here that really makes a difference.”– Thomas A. Hand, PE, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer