NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work. As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
The Building Structures Project Engineer provides technical expertise and will:
- Perform engineering design and detailing.
- Communicate with and between staff, managers, peer engineering companies and clients.
- Complete project tasks within deadlines and budgets.
- Meet with clients for projects and other business development opportunities.
- Maintain good client relationships.
- Maintain good working relationships and respect with in-house staff. Respect all staff and peers.
- Market all NV5 services to current clients and other potential clients to obtain new contracts.
- Participate in professional and civic organizations.
- BS degree in Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering or MS degree in Civil Engineering, structural focus
- Professional Engineer License
- 5-10 years of experience with Building Structure Design Projects
- Must have experience with the design of commercial, institutional, health-care, multi-family, and/or educational facilities
- Design experience in steel, concrete, and masonry (wood and post tensioned concrete a plus)
- Proficient with Ram Structural Systems, RISA, Enercalc, Microsoft Suite, and other structural design software
- Knowledge of International Building Code or NC State Building Code and ASCE/SEI 7
- Knowledge of ACI 318 (concrete design) and AISC 360 (steel design)
- AutoCAD and Revit Structure software experience is a plus
- LEED AP a plus
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license prior to employment
Work environment and physical demands of this position:The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. When properly requested and when feasible (without undue hardship to the organization), reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Work will primarily be in the office setting with limited opportunities to be exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Work will be primarily working with fingers by picking, pinching, typing and grasping often with repetitive motion.
- Must have visual acuity for viewing a computer screen, the ability to talk, hear and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to carry, lift and push/pull up to 20 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Weekend and overtime work and/or overnight work and travel may be required.
- Additional physical duties may be required as necessary.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities. #LI-JC2 NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.