51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world. Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
🎯 Purpose Generally responsible for producing moderately difficult drawings from sketches and engineer's calculations. This work will be carried out under general supervision. Additionally, you will produce basic designs and arrangements using practical knowledge of engineering and industry executed under careful supervision. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Familiarize yourself with the company's Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure submission of civil/structural department drawings on project using department, company and/or client design standards.
- Familiarize yourself with the use of department drawing and design standards.
- Ensure that all the basic information established in the ACI and AISC specifications are transmitted to the final drawings required for material purchase, manufacturing and construction.
- Review and understand the latest information available regarding structural calculations, equipment drawings, and arrangements or drawings from other disciplines, before beginning design on specific drawings.
- Revisit your drawing based on all available current design information and review drawing quality to meet department and project standards before issuing the drawing for independent review. Identify pending where information is missing or incomplete.
- Review the accuracy and quality of plans developed by draftsmen, when assigned, based on information conveyed by engineering calculations, team and discipline plans, governing design codes, project (or company) specifications, and good . engineering practices.
- Perform related field work collecting design information and verifying functionality and clearances in existing facilities.
- Execute temporary field support activities, when assigned, for engineering support during construction.
- Assist lead engineer with material, cost, and preliminary design studies estimates.
🗳 What you will bring ✅ ️Mandatory Requirements
- 8-12 years of project experience in the design of conceptual and detailed engineering in pre-feasibility and feasibility stages.
- Knowledge and application of AISC and ACI design standards.
- Capable of producing drawings for both materials, structural concrete and structural steel.
- Intermediate English level (B1)
📜 Education Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Technical or University Degree related.
💻 Work Modality: Hybrid (Office/Home Office) 💼 Contract Type: 3 months. After this, it may be possible to have a contract for a specific project into the company. 📍 Location: Mexico City
📌 International Transfer Opportunity: No
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley 🚀
⚠️ Keep in mind:
- To be considered, you must verify that you are applying directly on Worley Careers and not on another type of job portal
- You must upload your CV to your Worley Careers Profile.
- This vacancy just considered eligible candidates who are currently living in Mexico, or who have already a permanent VISA in Mexico.
- Requisition ID: MEX00LQ
- Organization: LAM