Location: Oakville, ON, CARequisition ID: 169910 Job Level: Internship Home District/Group: Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Department: Design Engineering Market: Power Employment Type: Full Time Temporary
Kiewit is expanding its new design team specializing in Hydropower, Dams and Hydraulic Structures (HDH) and is seeking top performing contributors to support and sustain its growth over the coming years.As such, we are looking for an HDH Intern to join our team. The candidate will work closely with Design Engineering Managers and the Kiewit HDH engineering team to provide various services to internal teams for the development of HDH projects.The candidate will work closely with an interdisciplinary team that includes civil, mechanical, hydraulic, geotechnical and electrical engineers, as well as estimators, schedulers and other construction professionals to provide various services to internal groups for the development of HDH projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support. Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence. On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America.
The location for this Internship will be Oakville, Ontario.
Under the supervision of the HDH Discipline Leads and Engineers
- Support pursuit and project civil/structural/geotechnical engineering design work by
- Producing simple design calculations and analyses
- Participating in the development of design deliverables, including collaborating with engineers and designers/drafters
- Support the development of the multidisciplinary HDH engineering team by
- Building internal tools and processes
- Developing design tools and standards with our engineers
- Gathering market intelligence
- Pursuing a degree in Civil, Structural, Geotechnical Engineering or a related degree
- Be available for full-time work for a 4-month internship period (January to April or May to August)).
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Be willing to fully participate in job assignments at the job site, district office or department to which the intern is assigned.
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
- Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.