Location: Lone Tree, CO, US Denver, CO, USRequisition ID: 168239 Job Level: Mid Level Home District/Group: Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Department: Design Engineering Market: Transportation Employment Type: Full Time
At Kiewit, we build bridges, highways, transit systems and runways to connect the world. We are now hiring Bridge Engineers. The role is located in Lone Tree, CO, with the opportunity for flexible work. Our capabilities are reinforced by one of the largest privately-owned fleets of construction equipment in North America, which enables us to rapidly mobilize the necessary resources for any Design/Build project. Clients are turning to us for Design/Build and other alternative project delivery methods due to our successful track record in transportation design and construction! Wanna join our team? ENR released its 2022 Top 400 Contractor rankings. Kiewit ranks No. 3, up one spot from last year's No. 4 ranking.
• No. 1 - Domestic Heavy
• No. 1 - Petroleum
• No. 1 - Transportation
• No. 2 - Power
• No. 4 - Working Abroad
• No. 20 - Domestic Building / Manufacturing
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This role will be based out of our Lone Tree, CO offices. Opportunities for flexible work are available.
• Lead and perform engineering design tasks and coordinate with CADD teams in developing plans, specifications, and estimates for preliminary and final design of standard bridges, walls, and minor structures (Culverts, Inlet structures, etc.) for current projects, including Design/Build as well as new pursuits
• Identify and understand technical requirements of design projects and implement engineering principles to develop solutions
• Identify, interpret, and apply appropriate design standards and codes; ensure compliance with contract documents
• Participate in technical meetings and discussions; strategize solutions to complex or unique technical problems
• Identify technical differentiators and develop schemes for key project pursuits
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering (Masters Preferred)
- 4+ years’ experience in relevant structural/bridge engineering design, and EIT required, PE license preferred.
- Experience with TxDOT projects highly desired
- For more senior engineers, Registration as a Professional Engineer in at least one state, with the ability to obtain registration in the state of Texas. Strong knowledge of structural engineering principles
- Experience with the design of multiple bridge types in concrete and steel, wall systems, and minor structures
- Experience with Design-Build or other alternative delivery methods, preferred as well as the interest to work on Design/Build projects.
- Experience with engineering design software, (i.e. programs such as CSiBridge, MIDAS, PGSuper, Microstation, AutoCAD Civil 3D, InRoads, Openroads designer (ORD))
- Experience with AASHTO LRFD, AISC, ACI, and other North American design codes is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to travel as business requires.
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
Base Compensation: $95,000 - $125,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.