Location: Calgary, AB, CARequisition ID: 154279 Job Level: Mid Level Home District/Group: Kiewit Power Engineering Department: Design Engineering Market: Industrial Employment Type: Full Time
Our rapidly growing multi-discipline engineering group requires additional intermediate design Structural Engineer. If you are looking for a career with a progressive and construction focused engineering group that will provide you the opportunities to work in a wide range of energy and industrial projects, this position is for you. Current projects underway include the design of green hydrogen production facilities, solar and wind renewable power generation, large scale CCGT power generation, lithium battery manufacturing, lithium recovery and processing, LNG, carbon capture and low carbon fuels just to name a few.
The Kiewit Engineering Group Inc. delivers construction focused engineering services for all phases of development in the infrastructure, industrial and energy markets and has been recognized by our clients for providing safe, high quality and constructable designs that yield certainty of outcome and outstanding value. Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is the full-service consulting and engineering district of Kiewit. Our combined staff of more than 2,500 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by over 130 years of construction experience, our construction focused engineering delivers on constructability in the earliest phases of projects to ensure safe, on-time and on-budget projects.
This position is based out of Calgary, AB.
- Prepare designs for structures including research, system selection, analysis, and drawing preparation on projects ranging from moderate to large in size and complexity.
- Apply department and industry standards to oversee the preparation of calculations, project drawings, and project specifications.
- Mentor and direct the work of entry and mid-level employees for skills development and review their progress and results.
- Leverage Building Information Modeling (BIM) to create plans, drawings, and details.
- Incorporate the requirements of the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contract, customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs), professional service agreements, or other contractual requirements ensuring the projects meet or exceed project goals.
- Coordinate with internal and external partners including cross-discipline, construction, vendors, fabricator(s), and owners to address structural-related issues or concerns.
- Recommend changes for standards or process improvements, as needed.
- Prepare, monitor, and update project plans, schedules, and budgets (including staffing needs) to project management and department management.
- Support department managers in setting and achieving performance goals for the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in a civil or architectural engineering program; Some masters’ coursework is preferred.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng) designation
- At least four years’ experience in structural engineering and design. A minimum of three years in the industrial or building markets, preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively and constructively with other team members and disciplines both verbally and written form
- Functional in utilizing spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and computer operations
- Knowledgeable and experience in engineering software: CSi SAP2000 and SAFE, RISA Suite.
- Knowledge and experience with BIM software: Revit preferred, AutoCAD, and Navisworks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.