About ArupArup is an independent company of engineers, architects, designers, consultants and technical specialists offering a wide range of professional services.It is the creative force behind some of the most important and innovative projects in today's built environment, both small and large scale. With 90 offices in 35 countries, our more than 18,000 employees offer a wide range of professional services. Thus, through our work, we want to create a positive impact on our current environment.We have been present in Spain since 1993 and we have a team of more than 220 engineers, consultants and qualified technical personnel. We work for clients in the public and private sectors, providing creative and sustainable solutions based on the efficient use of resources. Features The selected person will participate in the following tasks:
- Calculation and sizing of structures and drafting of projects carried out in the company's Structures team
- Possibility of site visit
- Degree in Civil and Territorial Engineering and be studying the Master's Degree in Civil, Canal and Port Engineering or Master's Degree in Structures
- Interest in the technical side of engineering
- Special interest in structures
- High level of English (C1)
- Knowledge of structural calculation programs
- Knowledge of programming tools (Python, Grasshopper...) and BIM methodologies will be valuable.
- Concern about the relationship between structural engineering and programming
- Be enrolled in the university to be able to establish an agreement
- Immediate incorporation
- Duration: 6 months of extendable scholarship (possibility of joining after completing the scholarship)
- Schedule: From 20 to 35 hours per week to be defined with the student
- Remuneration: will depend on the student's level of training and the established number of hours.
How to apply for the scholarship?To apply for this vacancy, please register your updated CV and a cover letter in English. Why work at Arup?
- We work on innovative and international projects collaborating with different disciplines and offices around the world.
- We offer flexible check-in and check-out times, time compatibility with studies.
- We have continuous training through our Arup University platform, LinkedIn Learning licenses and access to virtual English/Spanish classes
- We are committed to equal opportunities through the objectives established in our equality plan
- You will be able to participate in EDI (equity, diversity and inclusion) initiatives that are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion such as Connect Out Europe and Connect Women +
- You can also participate in the Community Engagement (commitment to different communities) and Ovagreen (commitment to the environment) initiatives.
- We promote a healthy life among our employees through subsidies with different sports centers, inter-company leagues, tournaments, free daily service of coffee, tea, local fruit...
- We allocate a quantity of our profits to knowledge within work, with the possibility of financing research work through the Invest in Arup program
- We are committed to a young and dynamic work environment, in which juniors and seniors share values and learn from each other through internal activities
- We contribute part of our annual profits to solidarity projects, such as the design and construction of various buildings and infrastructure in developing countries.
- Arup is, according to the ranking of Actualidad Económica, El Mundo, one of the best companies to work for in Spain in 2022
- We have received the “Most Equal Company” award from the Community of Madrid in the 19th Edition of the Madrid Flexible Company Awards 2023 for our equality and diversity policies. We adhere to the Code of Generational Diversity Principles of the Generation and Talent Observatory promoted by the Association 50Plus Think Tank, committing to equal opportunities regardless of age
What are we searching for? At Arup we place sustainability at the center of our projects and invest in research and development to address problems such as climate change and poverty. We are committed to achieving the goal of net zero emissions by 2030 and making a significant contribution to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Therefore, we look for people who share these concerns and interests, creating shared value for our clients and our communities while safeguarding our planet. Discover our net zero emissions commitment by 2030. #LI-BE1