Do you want to make a positive impact on the world? Sustainable development is at the heart of everything we do.
Seventy-five years ago, we created a home for creative thinkers seeking to solve the world’s biggest challenges. Today, a collective of 16,000+ Arupians gather across the globe from 140 different countries to build a sustainable future.
We strive to create an inclusive environment and give everyone a voice. Diversity drives innovation in our projects and offers empathy to the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with disability and provide workplace adjustments.
At Arup, you’ll do more than work — you’ll shape a better world.What will I do?
At Arup we design and deliver ground-breaking and iconic projects through our work in infrastructure, building design and by providing specialist technical services. Reporting to the NSW Group Leader Infrastructure and the NSW Geotechnics Team Leader in this role you will:
• Delivery planning and management for geotechnical work delivery - Identifying required tasks to deliver projects and co-ordinate project task delivery with lead discipline within Arup supported by Project Geotechnical lead
• Undertake geotechnical design and assessments for variety of project types – infrastructure, buildings and advisory work (expected to include excavation retention, foundation design, seismic analysis, earthworks design and ground improvement modelling) and associated reporting and Client communications such as presentations.
• Assist the Geotechnical leadership team in development of client relationships; training and mentoring of geotechnical team members, and fostering of strong working relationships across Arup.
• Plan, specify and manage site investigations and laboratory testing programmes from time to time and develop and implement site safety management plans covering site investigation works;
• Liaise with Arup engineers, Clients and Project Engineers to develop project specific solutions; Prepare detailed geotechnical reports.'What will I bring?
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in geotechnical investigation, design and construction including, on site ground investigation experience.
• Geotechnical design experience across a range of medium to large scale infrastructure projects.
• Experience of planning, managing and interpreting geotechnical investigations.
• Proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines.
• Recognised relevant tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering and preferably have completed or be working towards a Masters degree in Geotechnical Engineering.Our firm
Dedicated to sustainable development, the firm is a collective of 16,000 designers, advisors and experts working across 140 countries. Founded to be both humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination, technology and rigour to shape a better world.
We create spaces where everyone feels safe, seen and included and able to perform at their best. We take an approach to flexible working that supports the diversity and well-being of our members.
Are you ready to shape a better world?
Our open roles are waiting for you on the Arup careers page. If you like what you see here, apply today.
Arup does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.#LI-JW1