Do you want to make a positive impact on the world? Sustainable development is at the heart of everything we do.
Seventy-five years ago, we created a home for creative thinkers seeking to solve the world’s biggest challenges. Today, a collective of 16,000+ Arupians gather across the globe from 140 different countries to build a sustainable future.
We strive to create an inclusive environment and give everyone a voice. Diversity drives innovation in our projects and offers empathy to the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with disability and provide workplace adjustments.
At Arup, you’ll do more than work — you’ll shape a better world.About this role
As a world leader in its field, Arup offers the full spectrum of ground engineering consulting services. Through consultation from an early stage in the project we are able to advise our client how to get the best value out of the ground; and manage geotechnical and geological risks effectively and sustainably through construction and the long-term operational life of infrastructure assets.Reporting to the NSW Group Leader Infrastructure and the NSW Geotechnics Team Leader in this role you will:What will I do?
· Communicate with the Client and Project Engineers to understand the project requirements
· Carry out research and investigations to develop a clear understanding of ground conditions at the project site
· Plan, specify and manage site investigations and laboratory testing programmes, Collate and analyse field and laboratory data and carry out analyses related to the project design
· Lead and manage small teams to undertake geotechnical design and assessments at various project stages (Pre-Concept through to detailed design/construction) geotechnical design
· Assist the Geotechnical leadership team in development of client relationships; training and mentoring of geotechnical team members, and fostering of strong working relationships across Arup.What will I bring?
· A minimum of 7 years’ experience in geotechnical design and construction
· Proven track record in the field of geotechnical design and experience across a range of medium to large scale projects and / or building types
· Experience of leading teams on multi-disciplinary projects
· Experience of planning, managing, supervising and interpreting geotechnical investigations
· Masters degree in Geotechnical Engineering preferred and Chartered Membership of EA (or equivalent, or be eligible)Our firm
Dedicated to sustainable development, the firm is a collective of 16,000 designers, advisors and experts working across 140 countries. Founded to be both humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination, technology and rigour to shape a better world.
We create spaces where everyone feels safe, seen and included and able to perform at their best. We take an approach to flexible working that supports the diversity and well-being of our members.Are you ready to shape a better world?
Our open roles are waiting for you on the Arup careers page. If you like what you see here, apply today. Arup does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. #LI-JW1