Why Arup Join us and you will have the freedom to push boundaries, develop new skills and work on some of the world’s most inspiring projects. Arup's structural engineering consultants are experts in innovative design and technical solutions. Arup has been named in Glassdoor's Top 10 best places to work in the UK. The good news? We're looking for more people to add to the already fantastic culture we have here. Don’t take our word for it, here’s what some of our people have to say…The Opportunity We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic Senior Structural Engineer with excellent design, communication, technical, and sustainability skills who enjoys working collaboratively in multi-professional design teams, taking responsibility for projects from inception to completion to achieve outstanding results. You will be a key part of a growing multidisciplinary, collaborative team of Engineers and Technicians. Our projects are local, regional, national and international and will allow you to work and succeed in a multi-cultural business environment. Our work focuses on technical buildings for which engineering drives the overall building design. We work on a variety of exciting projects, both in the UK and internationally. Some of these include:
- Gordon Murray Design - design and prototype facility
- Higher Education Projects (e.g. in Southampton, Winchester & Sussex),
- Sports (e.g. Southampton FC, Cardiff Arena)
- Healthcare projects (e.g. Southampton Hospital, New Jersey Hospital)
- West Slope, University of Sussex
You will be joining a growing team, and will have access to great training, coaching and opportunities for your career development, as well as having the opportunity to work alongside high calibre technicians and engineers of many disciplines.Responsibilities
- Demonstrating a passion for structural engineering, a flair for structural engineering design, and a practical understanding of buildings.
- Taking a leading role in the structural engineering design of projects, always seeking to minimise the wholelife carbon impact of our designs while achieving client's objectives
- Supervising and co-ordinating the work of others and co-ordinating work with engineers of other disciplines
- Liaising with clients, architects, contractors and other external team members
- Managing project teams to understand priorities, ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget. This will often include coordinating the input of other disciplines into projects.
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team
- Share and expand knowledge through participation at relevant skills networks
- Be degree qualified and chartered with IStructE, ICE or equivalent.
- Have a strong understanding of engineering principles, and the appropriate use of technical analysis and design software packages.
- Experience with Eurocodes or equivalent
- Have an aptitude for working on your own initiative and being proactive.
- Take responsibility for the delivery of whole or significant parts of projects
- Good understanding of digital workflows.
- Interest in low- and zero-carbon design.