The future you want is within reach. At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry. We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of. As a student at PCL, you will get the opportunity for challenging work assignments in a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth. We are seeking Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Students for our MELLOY Industrial Services Inc. to work as Estimating Students in our Nisku, AB office. We are looking for students that are available for 8 months starting in January 2024. The positions will be under the direct supervisor of a Chief Estimator. Here's how a(n) Estimating Student for our Edmonton Melloy office contributes to our team:
- Understanding and utilizing PCL’s estimating manuals, systems and forms
- Reviewing quantity survey assignment with lead estimator or Chief Estimator
- Performing drafting and design duties
- Performing assigned quantity survey
- Providing quantities of major purchase items to purchasing department for pricing
- Transferring and reviewing quantities with lead estimator
- Performing general subtrade solicitation duties
- Bid document control
- Performing bid day assignments
- Visiting job sites periodically
- Developing relationships with trade contractors
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Estimator
- Candidates must have a strong desire to work in a construction environment and prior field construction experience will be considered an asset.
- Application of various computer software programs will be required, including word processing, spreadsheet applications and drafting.
Our Nisku, AB office is not accessible by public transportation so the successful applicant for that location will need access to a vehicle. Next Step:
- Please note that candidates who have been selected to move forward to the next stage of the recruitment process will receive an email to complete a short online video interview.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
PCL combines numerous pay and benefit strategies to provide a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. Any salary range displayed by a job board is an estimate. Your salary, which considers your unique qualifications and experience, is just one component of the robust total rewards you'll enjoy at PCL. This may include an employee share purchase offering, discretionary annual performance bonus, comprehensive benefits and wellness programs, retirement plan plus matching, and career development programs.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at caree[email protected] with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started! Employee Status: Internship Full-Time Company: Melloy Industrial Services Inc Primary Location: Nisku, Alberta (Melloy) Job: Estimating StudentRequisition: 4427