The future you want is within reach. At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry. We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of. As a student at PCL, you will get the opportunity for challenging work assignments in a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth. We are seeking Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Students for our Canadian Industrial Division to work as Engineering Students at our head office located in Edmonton, AB. We are looking for students that are available for 4 or 8 months starting in January 2024. Here's how a(n) Engineering Student for our Edmonton Industrial Management office contributes to our team:
- Assisting with project planning, scheduling, progress monitoring, and cost control.
- Participation in project meetings.
- Reviewing drawings.
- Submit requests for information.
- Assisting with the identification and resolution of field technical issues.
- Acting as an ambassador for the various safety campaigns.
- Conduct field safety inspections.
- Communicating changes with trades staff.
- Set-up / Maintain record keeping.
- Adhoc duties as required.
- Pursuing a degree or diploma in engineering with a mechanical, electrical, or civil major.
- Candidates must have a strong desire to work in a construction environment and prior field construction experience will be considered an asset.
- Application of various computer software programs will be required, including Microsoft Suite. Knowledge of AutoCAD and Bluebeam is an asset.
- Multi-discipline mindset.
- Please note that candidates who have been selected to move forward to the next stage of the recruitment process will receive an email to complete a short online video interview.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
PCL combines numerous pay and benefit strategies to provide a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. Any salary range displayed by a job board is an estimate. Your salary, which considers your unique qualifications and experience, is just one component of the robust total rewards you'll enjoy at PCL. This may include an employee share purchase offering, discretionary annual performance bonus, comprehensive benefits and wellness programs, retirement plan plus matching, and career development programs.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at [email protected] with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started! Employee Status: Internship Full-Time Company: PCL Industrial Management Inc. Primary Location: Edmonton, Alberta (Ind Mgmt) Job: Engineering StudentRequisition: 4426