Carpenter and Carpenter Apprentices > Kelowna, BC
We are seeking experienced Carpenter and Carpenter Apprentices located in the Kelowna Area, British Columbia. for our project at YLW, Kelowna International Airport
To apply for this position email [email protected]
As a Carpenter and Apprentices for the Kelowna area, you will contribute to our team by:
- Having good knowledge of the construction, erection and installation of wood and engineered formwork systems for decks, columns and walls.
- Having experience in wood backing and various carpentry duties
- Erecting and building scaffolding for access and concrete formwork decks.
- Building hoardings and temporary shelters.
- Completing task hazard assessments and maintaining a safe work environment.
What you will bring to the role:
- Carpenter should have 4 or more years of construction experience in commercial or civil construction.
- Apprentices should have skills appropriate to their years in the trade.
- Current Occupational First Aid Level 2 and equipment certification is considered an asset.
- Understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures and work within a crew accordingly.
- General carpentry and/or concrete formwork experience, both engineered and freeform considered a key asset.
Benefits and Training with PCL
Carpenter Journeyperson wage $37.59/hour plus other benefits.Carpenter Apprentice wages based on work-based experience and completion of apprenticeship technical training levelsA matching retirement savings planExtended health plan (Prescription drugs, dental, and other coverage)Safety and equipment training provided.Apprenticeship bursaries for technical training
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started! Apply to [email protected]