The future you want is within reach. At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry. As a Grid Interconnection Engineer you will be responsible for managing all utility grid connection processes on all PCL solar projects to ensure design complies with Interconnection requirements and ensures a smooth energization authorization process that complies with all utility and grid operator requirements.
- Reviews Interconnection Agreements including SIS/Functional Specifications, Interconnection study documents, provide design input to substation & BOP design and works with substation and PV engineers to obtain data necessary for utility and grid operator submission requirements.
- Reviews and coordinates all utility and grid operator plans and data submitted by PCL design consultants to ensure compliance with design and all applicable utility and grid operator requirements.
- Works with the owner, local utilities, and grid operators with the development of connection and energization documentation to comply with energization authorization requirements and functional specifications. • Assist with development of Commissioning plan & Schedule according to utility and grid operator commissioning requirements.
- Participates in estimates to provide input on interconnection and grid operator requirements as it relates to design and commissioning.
- Stays current with various connection requirements and stays on top of any changes in these requirements including Electrical Codes, Standard and technologies and seeks new and innovative engineering, methods, and processes.
- Understanding and actively manages client project-specific success criteria (CPSSC); specifically understands owners’ business, requirements, and revenue generation, and provides solutions.
- Engineering degree in a related discipline or relevant industry/trade background (PEng Preferred).
- 7 to 10 years of progressive experience with 2 years of experience in grid tied generation projects.
- Relevant experience with respect to interconnection requirements in multiple operating jurisdictions.
- Experience in protection & control of Substation & Grid Interconnection with Knowledge of power Plant modeling with PSCAD & PSSE.
- Understanding of contract and subcontracts with an ability to manage over all solar project design process maintaining contractual obligations and responsibilities related to design scope.
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize direct report tasks for prompt execution.
- Experience and understanding of the change process in relation to cost/pricing and schedule impact.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence designers and engineers on complex projects as well as establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and decision-makers.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
PCL combines numerous pay and benefit strategies to provide a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. Any salary range displayed by a job board is an estimate. Your salary, which considers your unique qualifications and experience, is just one component of the robust total rewards you'll enjoy at PCL. This may include an employee share purchase offering, discretionary annual performance bonus, comprehensive benefits and wellness programs, retirement plan plus matching, and career development programs.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at [email protected] with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started! Employee Status: Regular Full-Time Company: PCL Solar Constructors Canada Inc. Primary Location: Oakville, Ontario Job: Grid Interconnection Engineer/ManagerRequisition: 4255