The future you want is within reach. At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry. We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of. Here's how a(n) Superintendent for our Saskatoon office contributes to our team:
- Works with project manager to ensure implementation of PCL’s safety program, including integrating PCL’s safety program into all site plans and procedures and adhering to all safety and record keeping requirements.
- Supervises, directs, coaches, trains, and mentors the project team including direct and indirect reports.
- Effectively communicates with own forces and trades and ensures that performance, productivity, quality, and safety requirements are met.
- Consistently collaborates with construction/project manager and project team. Proactively manages potential problems, work interferences and schedule conflicts/setbacks.
- Liaises between field engineers, estimators, and subcontractors to ensure construction complies with drawings and specifications.
- Liaises with client, other site contractors, union and labor relations, and site and office representatives.
- Visualizes an entire project, plans, and creates the complete project schedule, identifies the critical path, and anticipates constructability issues.
- Develops and implements Project Execution Plan (PEP) and resource-loaded three-week lookahead schedules.
- Creates, maintains, and executes the project plan and schedule, and ensures compliance with budget and quality.
- Reviews and understands the contract and subcontracts and develops a plan that identifies and mitigates risks and maximizes opportunities to ensure that all financial targets, including budgets, forecasts, and profitability levels are met.
- Maintains project administration correspondence and complies with documentation requirements.
- Develops and maintains strong customer focused relationships with all stakeholders.
- Journeyman certificate or undergraduate/engineering degree in a related discipline. NCSO designation required (IND); enrollment in the Gold Seal program (CDN) preferred.
- 10 years of progressive field supervision experience preferred.
- Successfully supervised a construction workforce.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in construction industry and company operations, including building materials, construction specifications, and methods and procedures.
- Understanding of project scope and ability to apply intermediate-complex engineering principles and embed solutions in construction plans and schedules.
- Proficient understanding of and ability to apply logic to the schedule to build a plan using scheduling software.
- Ability to coordinate multiple scopes of a construction project, including scheduling, monitoring, and coordinating own forces work (OFW) and trade contractors with three-week lookahead schedules.
- Thorough understanding of productivity rates or own forces work (OFW), Labor Cost Reports (LCRs), and ability to interpret cost reports.
- Thorough understanding of contract language and with the ability to identify and mitigate risks and identify and leverage opportunities.
- In-depth knowledge of and application of safety and environmental principles/ procedures/legislation.
- Ability to lead and run effective site meetings with the client, consultants, trades, own forces work, and internal employees; ability to present at client meetings or for project pursuit work.
- Demonstrated conflict-resolution skills, problem-solving abilities, and professional judgment.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and internal operational systems.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
PCL combines numerous pay and benefit strategies to provide a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. Any salary range displayed by a job board is an estimate. Your salary, which considers your unique qualifications and experience, is just one component of the robust total rewards you'll enjoy at PCL. This may include an employee share purchase offering, discretionary annual performance bonus, comprehensive benefits and wellness programs, retirement plan plus matching, and career development programs.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at [email protected] with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started! Employee Status: Regular Full-Time Company: PCL Construction Management Inc. Primary Location: Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Job: SuperintendentRequisition: 4478