GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is looking for a motivated Entry-Level Civil/Geotechnical/Dams Engineer to join our team. This position will be based out of the Clarksville, TN area. As an Entry-Level Civil/Geotechnical/Dam Engineer, you will bring your expertise and unique solutions to highly visible and challenging projects in the southeastern US. You will also work with a team of dedicated Project Managers, Principals and other Engineers from our other offices around the country. If you are self-motivated, have a strong academic record, solid understanding of civil engineering principles with a geotechnical focus, and a desire to learn through working on a variety of civil engineering projects, apply today! Key Duties:
- Conducting fieldwork including dam and levee safety inspections, performing environmental site visits, monitoring test borings and instrumentation installations, and performing construction monitoring for heavy civil projects.
- Data gathering, organization, and interpretation in support of design, evaluation, and rehabilitation projects.
- Executing engineering analyses, under the direction of a senior engineer, including seepage and slope stability analyses, and gravity stability analyses.
- Writing drafts of field reports, inspection/engineering reports, technical specifications, and permitting applications.
- Preparing construction plans and cost/quantity estimates.
- Communicating effectively and efficiently with contractors, clients, and team members.
- GZA emphasizes a One Company environment, and as a member of our team, you may be asked to assist on projects and tasks outside of your primary technical discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, or Environmental Engineering is required. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 0-5 years of relevant work experience as an Engineer is preferred.
- Strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office and AutoCAD skills are required; ArcMap proficiency is a plus.
- Experience or academic training with geotechnical computer software such as SEEP/W, SLOPE/W, and finite element analysis software such as PLAXIS is a plus, though you will have an opportunity for on-the-job training.
- Occasional out-of-town and out-of-state travel will be required. Candidate must have consistent and reliable means of transportation to/from project sites.
- Professional development and enrichment
- Exciting work environment
- Generous, company-subsidized benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401K retirement plan
GZA is an employee-owned multidisciplinary environmental consulting, geotechnical engineering, geo-civil engineering, construction management and environmental remediation firm. We are an ENR Top 500 Design firm focused on geotechnical, environmental, water, ecological, and construction management services. With a staff of interrelated professionals dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex projects above, below and at ground-level, GZA’s experts provide seamless integration across practice areas, client type, and location.GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.