GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is looking for a motivated Geotechnical Engineer I/II to join our geotechnical group in our Brookfield, WI office. As a Geotechnical Engineer I/II, you will learn on diverse and challenging projects that incorporate both geotechnical and environmental skills. You will work in a close-knit group with seasoned professionals who will train and mentor you while helping you achieve your career goals. Our success relies on a strong collaborative environment. If you have a good understanding of geotechnical engineering principles, strong communication skills, and a desire to work on diverse and challenging projects, apply today!
- Conducting geotechnical fieldwork including soil boring advancement and analysis, monitoring well installation and sampling, instrumentation installation, and performing construction monitoring for site development.
- Data gathering, organization and interpretation of subsurface conditions in support of site development.
- Executing engineering analyses, under the direction of a senior engineer, including foundation design, bearing capacity analysis, settlement analysis, slope stability, construction considerations, and environmental considerations.
- Writing drafts of field reports, engineering reports, technical specifications, and proposals.
- Communicating effectively and efficiently with contractors, clients, and team members.
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering is required. Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with a geotechnical focus is preferred.
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required.
- Experience with Slope/W, GRL WEAP, GROUP and LPile software programs a plus.
- Occasional out-of-town travel will be required. Candidate must have consistent means of transportation to/from project sites.
- Professional development and enrichment
- Exciting work environment
- Generous, company-subsidized benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and 401K retirement plan
GZA is an employee-owned multidisciplinary environmental consulting, geotechnical engineering, geo-civil engineering, construction management and environmental remediation firm. We are an ENR Top 500 Design firm focused on geotechnical, environmental, waterfront, ecological, and construction management services. With a staff of interrelated professionals dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex projects above, below and at ground-level, GZA’s experts provide seamless integration across practice areas, client type, and location.
GZA values diversity and is committed to providing an accepting and inclusive work environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. GZA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.