GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is seeking a Structural Engineer to join our growing Contractor Services Division working on the technical execution of transportation, building, energy and other infrastructure projects. This position would be based out of our Norwood, MA office. A strong academic record, structural engineering skills, analytical and communications skills, and a willingness to travel locally and regionally are essential for this position.
As a Structural Engineer in the Contractor Services Division, you will work on a wide variety of exciting projects amongst a team of dedicated project managers and principals. Our close-knit culture here at GZA will allow you to apply your expertise and diversify your skill set by actively participating in challenging projects. You will be mentored by seasoned registered Professional Engineers, who will in turn look to you to share technical knowledge and ideas. Our success relies on this collaborative environment.
What you will be doing:
- Provide Structural Engineering expertise on a Project Team in support of large-scale Construction and Demolition Projects (frequently Design-Build execution).
- Work on an Engineering Design Team in close coordination with Contractors, developing temporary works designs, delegated design items, construction/demolition sequencing plans, rigging design, and structural analysis of various structural systems under construction loads and stages.
- Prepare design packages that include full sets of supporting calculations and construction drawings under the supervision of a Project Manager and Principal.
- Work closely with Contractors in the field to support the implementation of the construction drawings developed by the Engineering Design Team.
- Write drafts of field and engineering reports.
- GZA emphasizes a One Company environment, and as a member of our team, you may be asked to assist on projects and tasks outside of your primary responsibilities
What you will be bringing:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required. (Master’s Degree is a plus).
- Entry level candidates are welcome to apply. 2+ years of relevant experience preferred.
- A passion for Structural Engineering, Construction and Demolition
- A solutions-oriented mindset and ability to solve problems in a face paced environment.
- Familiar with Structural Analysis, Reinforced Concrete, Steel, and Wood Design concepts
- Familiar with AutoCAD. REVIT is a plus.
- Structural Engineering Software experience is preferred. (GT STRUDL, RISA).
- Willingness to pursue Professional Engineering (PE) registration is preferred.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a professional attitude.
- Strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform field tasks and activities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel at local and regional levels.
- 10-hour OSHA Construction Safety and Health Certificate is a plus.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training is a plus.
What you will be getting:
- Mentorship from experts in the industry
- Professional development and enrichment opportunities
- Focus on continued education and learning (including tuition reimbursement)
- Exciting work environment
- Opportunity for company ownership
- Generous company-subsidized benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401K retirement plan
About GZA:GZA is a multi-disciplinary, employee-owned consulting firm providing geotechnical, environmental, ecological, water, and construction management services. GZA’s more than 700 professionals are based in offices in New England, the Mid-Atlantic, and the Great Lakes States. With over 50 years of providing innovative engineering solutions to improve the natural and built environment, our relationships with our employees, clients, and vendors are based on honesty and professionalism, first and foremost. Please visit www.gza.com to learn more!
GZA values diversity and is committed to providing an accepting and inclusive work environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. GZA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.