Schnabel is an employee-owned, professional engineering and consulting firm that focuses on solving problems related to the earth and environment through specialization in geotechnical, geostructural, tunnel, and dam engineering. Schnabel’s high standards for quality, business ethics, and concern for the communities in which we live are a vital part of who we are. Schnabel is an ENR Top 500 Design Firm with 450+ employees in 25 offices throughout the United States.Recognized by CE News as one of the Best Engineering Firms to Work for, Schnabel provides employees with a competitive benefits package including maternity leave, tuition reimbursement for continuing education, health, dental, life and disability insurance and a wellness program. As an employee-owned company, through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Schnabel employees directly benefit from the success of our growing firm. Job Description:Are you looking for interesting and meaningful work, a relaxed atmosphere, and opportunities to learn, grow, and excel? If so, then welcome to Schnabel! We approach problems with creativity and innovation. Schnabel Engineering is seeking a Senior Level Dam Engineer with expertise and practical experience (>10-yrs) in one or more disciplines related to dam engineering (i.e. hydrology, hydraulics; geotechnical engineering; or structural engineering) to support our growing business in Dallas and north Texas. We are seeking experienced, motivated candidates with attention to detail, a passion to continue to develop as a professional, and a desire to be part of a strong team. Job Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering expertise, technical oversight and overall management of dam engineering projects. Engineering services may include inspection, investigation, evaluation, design and construction of existing and new dams, reservoirs and hydraulic structures.
- Prepare and review of design calculations, engineering reports, construction drawings and technical specifications.
- Manage client relationships.
- Proactively market and develop dam engineering business opportunities.
- Develop engineering proposals and qualification statements.
- Perform project management activities including planning and delegating work, managing project budgets, invoicing, communicating resource needs and reporting backlog.
- Work as a team member across other Schnabel offices to effectively balance workload among available resources.
- Supervise and mentor junior engineers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or other related engineering discipline from an ABET-accredited program.
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in hydrologic/hydraulic analyses, geotechnical and/or structural engineering, with specific emphasis in dam design. Texas experience and knowledge is preferred.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in one or more states and the ability to seek reciprocity in TX upon employment.
- Experience/proficiency with common computer-aided analysis and modeling programs applicable to dam engineering.
- Experience preparing and reviewing construction drawings and technical specifications.
- Experience and knowledge of applicable state and federal dam safety design methodologies, policies and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A strong work ethic and the desire to perform professionally at a high level.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment screening
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status is required. No visa sponsorship will be provided.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)