Opportunity to join a growing structural engineering consulting firm with offices in Manassas, VA. Charlotte, NC., and North Miami, Florida. The premier expert in the country providing design of post-tensioned concrete structures including design of podiums, parking structures, and mixed-use residential buildings. Work is the result of decades of expertise and experience combined with state-of-the-art technology.Bringing 30 years of expertise, +3K projects, and passion to bear on every building project to deliver smarter, safer, more cost-efﬁcient, and constructible designs setting the foundation for our client's success. Become the next to specialize in the design of new post-tensioned concrete structures; structural evaluation, restoration, strengthening services, construction engineering; and specialty post-tensioning consulting.Job Summary:
- Assists upper-level management in forecasting of budgets and projects' timelines.
- Acts as the intermediary in the structural design process between the design team and the client with the purpose of managing the structural designs in an integrated manner, along with the execution timeline and delivery milestones.
- Provides guidance and support to junior engineers and other team members.
- Participates in project meetings and takes an active role to help team resolve concerns and solve problems across all design units.
- Designs new commercial, residential, institutional buildings, and parking structures.
- Performs construction administration, including reviewing submittals, responding to contractor requests for information (RFIs), and performing site visits to the construction site as needed to help resolve construction issues.
- Conducts on-site condition assessments of existing structures and prepares technical memorandums summarizing observations and any required repair recommendations.
- Takes complete ownership of his/her portion of the structural scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- Prepares technical and engineering correspondence and reports.
Key Responsibilities:* Lead technical expertise and project management services related to building envelope systems, including roofing, waterproofing, wall systems, and fenestration systems.* Conduct building envelope condition assessments, forensic investigations, and failure analysis to determine the root cause of problems and develop appropriate remediation strategies.* Develop and oversee testing programs to evaluate building envelope performance and develop appropriate recommendations.* Oversee the design of building envelope systems, including preparation of construction documents, specifications, and construction administration services.* Provide expert testimony related to building envelope systems in legal proceedings.* Maintain client relationships and develop new business opportunities through networking andmarketing efforts.* Mentor and develop junior staff members.* Participate in industry organisations and stay up-to-date with industry developments and trends.Qualifications:
- BS degree with emphasis on structural design. MS degree is desirable.
- PE Certification desirable.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) desirable.
- 2 years of Project Management experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Possess knowledge of concrete, steel, and wood designs; including ability to apply required provisions of design codes.
- Candidate must have a desire to work in a growing entrepreneurial company.
- Legally able to work in the United States. Hybrid work environment is available.
- Salary: $90K-140K (Experience dependant)
- Yearly bonuses
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer.