Staff EngineerWeaver Consultants Group is looking for a Staff Engineer with 0 to 3 years of experience who is interested in environmental and civil engineering, specifically the design, installation, construction, monitoring, assessment, regulatory compliance, and operations and maintenance of environmental control and monitoring systems for landfills and transfer stations.This position will include field work, travel and overnight stays including weekends will be required. Experience with AutoCAD C3D, hydrologic/hydraulic modeling software, and slope stability evaluation is a plus. As our Staff Engineer you will take direction from and work beneath senior level staff. The ideal person for this position seeks a fast paced, challenging environment, a place to grow and improve skills, and a collaborative environment that is conducive to the development of their personal skills.Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implementation of engineering plans, including grading, drainage, utilities, force mains, leachate collection systems, landfill gas collection systems, landfill cell construction, infrastructure construction, storm water management and erosion and sediment control.
- Solid waste engineering design and permitting (landfills, transfer stations and recycling facilities)
- Preparing technical reports such as operating plans, CQA reports, and permit applications
- Collecting air and water monitoring samples
- Analyzing technical data
- Effective communication with colleagues and superiors
- Use of computer-aided design (AutoCAD) packages to design projects
- Monitoring and documentation of construction activities at solid waste landfill facilities including field inspection and testing of soils and geosynthetic liners. On-site job training will be provided, as necessary.
- Your field duties will include the following: supervision and performance of construction quality assurance and construction quality control activities in several states, including the construction of landfill components and other environmental control systems; collaboration and coordination with senior staff and management and direction of support staff.
- Support senior staff as needed to complete tasks. This often includes work in excess of 40 hours per week. Overtime pay is not offered to salaried employees
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Geological Engineering or Environmental Engineering required
- Proficiency MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- EIT certification desired
- Proficiency in Surveying desired
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D desired.
- Soils mechanics class with laboratory desired.
- Ability to travel will be required, often on limited notice
- Valid driver's license with a driving record in good standing required.
From its inception in 1991, Weaver Consultants Group has been founded upon the tenets of attentive and responsive customer service, strong project management, and solid internal financial controls. The quality of our people, our focus on understanding and responding to our clients' needs, and our application of good business management practices have resulted in most new projects originating from our existing customer base. Over the years, our professionals have faced the challenges of a constantly changing industry. Shifting federal and state regulations, cultural trends, and technical innovations have vastly impacted the way businesses work. Throughout it all, our team has remained dedicated to our clients, helping to identify pragmatic solutions to help them achieve their business objectives.Weaver Consultants Group prides itself on our people - A talented group of engineers, scientists, support staff and administrators who are as dedicated to client service as they are to their professional or technical discipline. If you are a motivated and committed individual, please apply to join our growing team!EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/DisabilityWeaver Consultants Group maintains a drug-free workplace.