Klohn Crippen Berger is looking for a Junior Geotechnical Engineer to join our expanding team in York, England and work on a range of projects typically related to design and assessment of water and tailings dams. You will have the opportunity to work with an internationally recognized team on a diverse range of projects such as mine infrastructure and tailings facility designs from permitting through to closure, hydro-electric and water storage dam designs and assessments, geohazard assessments, transportation engineering, seismic assessments, and much more. KCB is an established, award-winning company with a global influence whose success is based on delivering solutions to the toughest technical challenges facing our clients. KCB continues to grow and has an exciting future in several strategic markets in Europe, Canada and internationally. This role will give you the opportunity to help us grow the York office and advance your career in our One Team culture that values a winning attitude, continual learning and innovation, adaptability and flexibility, engagement, and having fun. This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work on a variety of projects including dam project portfolios and contribute to practical solutions for challenging conditions. Candidates must have a background in geotechnical design, ideally with a focus on dams, embankments and slopes.
- Contribute to project designs, writing technical reports, development of technical specifications and construction drawings and development of tender packages for major tailings dams, mine waste facilities, containment facilities and mine infrastructure projects.
- Build and develop strong relationships with our Clients, our multidisciplinary project teams, sub-contractors and other project stakeholders.
- Work in a wonderful small company culture and receive on-going guidance and mentorship from leaders in the industry in a supportive, dynamic company culture that supports career development.
- Travel within Europe and to various international project locations.
If you have a Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Civil and/or Geotechnical Engineering/Soil Mechanics we want to hear from you! We value your:
- Interest in soil mechanics, dam engineering, and field and laboratory testing methods.
- Strong initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success.
- Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to learn and travel.
- Being able to work as part of an established team.
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients and our project teams.
About Us: Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with five major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in North America, Australia, South America, and Europe. From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and York (UK), our Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the Water, Power and Transportation, Oil Sands, Mining, and Oil and Gas market sectors. KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package. Are you up to the challenge? If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé quoting the job reference number 193-A23. We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.