Job TypeFull-timeDescriptionEarth Systems provides a wide variety of services including geotechnical engineering, geology and hydrogeology, construction materials testing and inspection, and soils and materials laboratory testing. Earth Systems is founded on our people and has more than 50 years of experience working in communities throughout California.
We are currently recruiting for a leadership-driven and self-motivated Geotechnical Project Engineer in our Pasadena, CA office.
The Geotechnical Project Engineer position is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in the geotechnical engineering and construction material testing field. You’ll work in a technical support role with highly skilled professionals on diverse project teams in a dynamic environment. This is an excellent opportunity to get involved in a variety of projects and a wide range of clients.
Education and Qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical Engineering concentration required.
- M.S. Degree in Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) required.
- Licensed Geotechnical Engineer (GE) preferred.
- 2-5+ years of experience in geotechnical consulting.
- The ideal candidate will have experience and familiarity with the local engineering practice.
- Manage geotechnical, forensic, and construction projects, including consulting with clients, design professionals, and contractors.
- Plan and supervise soil exploration, logging, and classification.
- Schedule laboratory testing to evaluate soil types, behavior, and engineering properties.
- Evaluate geologic and seismic hazards, including liquefaction, lateral spreading, and dry sand settlement; provide mitigation recommendations when needed.
- Analyze natural, fill, and reinforced slopes.
- Evaluate distressed structures and failed slopes and give mitigation recommendations.
- Provide bearing capacity, earth pressures, and pavement recommendations.
- Provide analysis of and design recommendations for shallow and deep foundations.
- Provide analysis of and design parameters for temporary and permanent earth retention.
- Provide grading and ground modification recommendations.
- Prepare proposals, schedules, and reports to achieve project goals while managing budgets.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience interacting with clients and initiating business development.
- Performing advanced geotechnical and seismic analyses.
- Experience with multiple geotechnical software programs.
Availability to commute/relocate:
- Reliably commute or plan to relocate prior to starting work (Required).
Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan including medical, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance, generous PTO, paid holidays, and 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching.
The expected pay range for this position is $75-100k per year. Exact rate is dependent on several factors such as experience, skills, education, licensures, and geographic location.
Employment is conditioned upon completing a background check, review of Motor Vehicle Records, drug screening, and a medical evaluation appropriate to the position.
Earth Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.