DLZ Corporation is an award-winning architecture and engineering firm serving public and private entities across the nation. As a multidisciplinary firm, DLZ provides engineering and architectural design services, construction management, surveying, right-of-way acquisition and materials testing. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of ENR's Top 150 U.S. Design Firms. Our growth is a testament to the quality of our work and the satisfaction of our clients.
Our mission is to build on our reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural, engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations and are known for our competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and communities we service and in which we live. DLZ Corporation currently has a Senior Bridge Engineer / Project Manager opportunity in Columbus, or Cleveland, Ohio. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for development of the project scope and fee quotation and assists in the preparation of technical proposals and contracts in accordance with DLZ's practices. Participates in client contract scoping and negotiations.
- Serves as a client liaison and manages the project team to deliver the scope, schedule and budgets to completion and to the client’s satisfaction. Leads client contract scoping and negotiations.
- Supports and fosters growth and professional development of less experienced group of bridge and structural engineers. Helps ensure staff development, mentoring and training needs are being met.
- Collaborates with other departments or groups within the office on work-sharing needs and opportunities.
- Supports the implementation of the firm's project delivery and contracting activities including scope, work plan and fee reviews.
- Supports the project delivery process including Work Planning, Monthly Project Reviews and other project performance methods to ensure quality work, on time and on schedule.
- Assists in marketing responsibilities, including client discovery, technical proposal generation, interviews, and win-to-work activities
- Maintains client contacts to ensure client satisfaction. Leads and assists in sales and marketing efforts for department's growth.
- Helps recruit, hires, develops, and retains department staff, including development of plan for staff reporting, performance and compensation reviews, and succession.
- Manages assigned project activities (project scope, schedule, budget and DLZ quality management) and performs technical discipline tasks including research, reports, design, specifications, and plan preparation.
- Perform as Lead Engineer for the Design and review of ODOT Level 1 and Level 2 Bridge Project deliverables, adhering to current ODOT Design Criteria. Ability to perform hydraulic modeling for new and existing bridges a plus.
- Mentoring and checking of Junior Engineer’s design calculations, plans and other milestone deliverables.
- Perform bridge load ratings.
- Develop construction cost estimates.
- Calculate project quantities.
- Bridge condition inspection, ODOT Level 1. Level 2 a plus. Position is primarily for bridge management and design, although periodic bridge inspections are a part of the position as needed.
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of reports, technical feasibility studies, and preliminary engineering studies focused on bridge structures.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Perform other associated duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 10 years of practical experience including 2 years of supervisory experience.
- 10 +/- years practical experience with ODOT.
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification in Ohio.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and listening skills.
- Experience in marketing and business development skills.
- Experience managing staff, clients and projects.
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement! DLZ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We recognize the importance in employing a diverse workforce and achieve this by making employment decisions based on business needs, merit, and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. True innovation and success can only be achieved by respecting, empowering, and leveraging the unique perspectives, skills, and experiences of each person as an individual. #LI-DM1