Are you a highly motivated civil-structural design engineer seeking a career opportunity where your talents are valued and encouraged to grow while working on “outside the box” projects? PND's Palmer office is seeking engineers interested in focusing on buildings or heavy industrial structural design work. This role requires an energetic, positive individual with strong technical skills and ability to work closely with other engineers and a variety of clients developing calculations, drawings, specifications, and estimates for various projects. Essential Duties:
- Determine structural loads and perform structural calculations while analyzing and designing existing and new buildings, bridges, and retaining and other structures
- Assist in the development of construction drawings in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Inspect and perform condition assessments of existing structures and develop well written technical engineering reports in MS Word describing the methods of investigation, observations, and recommendations.
- Communicate effectively with other engineers and technicians inside and outside the company to coordinate work within related fields such a geotechnical engineering, site-civil design, surveying, environmental engineering and permitting.
- B.S. degree (M.S. preferred) in Civil Engineering with Structural emphasis from an ABET-accredited engineering school.
- At least 5 years of experience.
- Alaska Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration or eligible for P.E. within 6 months of hire.
- Structural analysis software -- RISA 3D, RAM Structural System, SAP, etc., as well as Revit and AutoCAD experience.
- Proven team player with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to think and work independently.
- Willingness and ability to perform any and all tasks including design, site assessments, inspections, marketing, and administrative duties.
- Completed college coursework should include statics, dynamics, and mechanics of materials, determinate and indeterminate structural analysis, soils analysis, foundation design, steel design, concrete design, and preferably timber design and technical writing.
- Knowledge of structural loads, load paths, relevant design codes/standards, specifications, contract documents, and constructability.
- Experience designing structures utilizing structural steel, light gauge steel, wood, concrete and masonry materials.
- Strong communication skills - technical writing and oral communication skills in English necessary to communicate with clients, coworkers, and contractors.
- Self-motivated to continue learning in areas of structural design, material behavior and design of materials.
- Willingness to travel within the U.S. or any worldwide site on an occasional basis.
- Valid U.S. driver's license, good driving record, and vehicle insurance.
- Legal authorization to work for any employer in the U.S. without need for sponsorship.
- Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering with Structural emphasis from an ABET-accredited school
- Alaska Structural Engineer (S.E.) license.
- Alaskan resident with strong ties to the state but preferably located in the Mat-Su valley.
PND offers a competitive benefit package including overtime premium; discretionary bonus; paid vacation and holidays; comprehensive health (medical, dental, and vision) plans; life and disability insurance; and an exceptional, industry-leading 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled