Job SummaryThe Geotechnical Manager will support the Building and Construction business by overseeing the Geotechnical projects and mentor Geotechnical Engineers and Geotechnical Technicians. This position is responsible for overall management of geotechnical engineering services, including P & L responsibility. The Geotech manager will direct and execute geotechnical project assignments including engineering analysis and report preparation, field exploration and laboratory services. Provide senior review of proposals and reports and ensure that commitments to clients are met. The Geotech Manager will be responsible for the mentoring and training of senior and junior professional and will engage in client relations and business development activities.
Reasonable accommodations or workable solutions may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Building a best-in-class practice by recruiting, retaining and developing a network of subject matter experts capable of developing and delivering outstanding technical solutions for our clients
- Serve as a focal point for the Business Groups to deliver the necessary geotechnical services and creating alliances across the company to drive delivery of quality geotechnical services for AET’s clients.
- Build a mentoring program within the geotechnical practice that supports the progressive development of geotechnical professionals throughout their career. Strategically identifying technical expertise gaps and working with the Business Groups to identify key hires.
- Facilitate the documentation of technical knowledge in the form of Standards and Practices and promoting knowledge sharing across the Business Groups.
- Establish partnerships with subconsultants, universities and industry professional organizations to leverage outside technical expertise to augment AET’s capabilities, to advance the state of practice, and to support our clients.
- Fostering quality initiatives across the practice that will elevate the quality of our services and minimize risks for AET and our clients.
- Drive thought leadership within AET and the geotechnical industry, as well as participating in industry conferences, to elevate AET’s profile.
- Support major pursuit coordination, including capture planning efforts, pre-proposal visitations, proposal preparation coordination with technical and marketing staff, presentations and negotiations.
- Working closely with Market Sector Directors and Client Managers developing long-term tactical growth plans to best serve the geotechnical needs of AET’s clients.
- Collaborating with other disciplines to heighten awareness of the geotechnical practice and establish partnerships to advance innovative concepts and mitigate risks for the benefit of AET and our clients.
Work with other Operations Leadership to develop and maintain a skills matrix of geotechnical professionals, as well as a workload and staffing strategy to balance project delivery commitments across AET’s footprint.
Supervisory Responsibility This role will have direct responsible for the Geotech practice, ensuring deadlines and performance standards are met by coaching and counseling associates, organizing and evaluating workflow and results along with implementing policies and procedures to support the team. Also, may provide work direction to field engineers, technicians, and drillers as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or Geological Engineering with 10 or more years of related experience, OR;
- Advanced degree in Civil Geotechnical Engineering or industry related field with 8 or more years of related experience (preferred).
- Ability to obtain registration in other States, as required.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to develop and implement creative/innovative solutions to a wide range of problems.
- Skill in reviewing contract terms and conditions and making recommendations for final review by company officer.
- Ability to work at environmental remediation, industrial and construction sites and perform field work including, but not limited to, collecting samples, operating field instruments, following procedures, planning, organizing and arranging logistics for the job, and documenting field activities and data collected.
- Professional Engineering registration in Minnesota
Work EnvironmentThis job primarily operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets. On occasion, this position will be required to operate outside.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands or finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position may work outside in various weather conditions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States
- Position is subject to a preemployment drug test
AAP/EEO StatementIt is the policy of AET to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.