Overview: Geotechnology, a Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) Company, has an opening in our Geotechnical Department. UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
UES is thrilled to be named the #1 fastest growing AEC firm by the Zweig Group. The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list honors the fastest-growing firms in the architecture, engineering, planning, environmental, and construction (AEC) industry. For the first time in four years, a new firm, UES, took the number one spot on the 2021 list! Firms are ranked based on three-year growth in revenue, by both percentage and dollar growth.
- Performs technical work with competence on assignments with increasing complexity depending on experience
- Locates, observes, and logs field explorations and activities
- Organizes field operations and can provide oversight of field activities
- Installs, reads, and interprets field instrumentation and performs field measurements
- Is responsible for collecting samples and transporting them to the laboratory
- Describes samples
- Prepares reports on-field activities and summarizes field and laboratory data
- Performs scientific, geologic, or engineering analyses and studies
- Checks work for accuracy and completeness of the project
- Checks vendors' invoices
- Practices lose prevention techniques
- Alerts project manager or supervisor to technical, managerial, or administrative problems arising during a contract
- Prepares technical reports on routine projects and more challenging projects based on experience
- Must be able to work independently on varied assignments
- Exercises responsible judgment on technical matters within the limits of current experience level
- May discuss technical issues with client after review and approval by Supervisor or Project Manager
- Projects a positive image of the Firm in dealings with outside groups and clients
- Maintains existing and develops new client relationships
This position offers career advancement such as paid certifications and training.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering. MS degree in Geotechnical Engineering or closely related field desired
- Three to ten years' progressively responsible experience in a specialty field
- Knowledge of and experience with geotechnical engineering software
- Knowledge of various exploratory and laboratory techniques
Who We Are: UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level. Growing in ExcellenceAs the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 60 branches and 2,500 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us. Why work at Geotechnology, A Universal Engineering Sciences Company?We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you. Check out our website: teamues.comFollow us on social media: LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube#GroundedInExcellence
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.