Local Unit & Position Description
You will support projects both in China and across the APAC region with technical expertise in fixed and floating offshore structural engineering, experience with offshore wind projects is desired. This will require you to:
- Conduct structural strength assessment for different type of foundations for fixed offshore wind turbine and substations e.g., monopiles, jackets, etc., including pile-soil interaction analysis.
- Conduct structural strength assessment for different floating offshore wind turbine foundations e.g., semi-submersibles, spars, etc.
- Contribute to technical reports in field of expertise clearly communicating findings along with engineering judgement.
- Project management. Communicate and cooperate with collogues in different regions.
Assist with business development activities including:
- Develop sales proposals including scope of work definition, budgeting and support on sales opportunity follow-up.
- Support on sales, marketing and business development initiatives.
- Customer interactions and follow-up. Understand their development and investment plans and discuss and promote services that would best suit their requirements in markets that they are investing.
- Participate in industry events and ensure that the company and service offerings are well-known and well-respected in the wind industry.
- Act as an effective liaison between Customer and DNV, as well as an Ambassador for DNV's business solutions and capabilities.
- At least Master’s degree in naval architecture and ocean engineering or comparable engineering disciplines with course specialization on structural design, strength and fatigue from an accredited college or university
- Over five-year structural experiences in offshore oil and gas and/or offshore wind industry
- Familiar with wind turbine loads related to structure design of fixed and floating foundations
- Software and tools:
- Skilled in FEA software like Genie, Patran, ANSYS, ABAQUS
- Skilled in offshore wind integrated design software like Bladed, SIMA
- Familiarity with hydrodynamic software like HydroD is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Oversea working or studying experience would be advantageous
- Familiarity with DNV, IEC and API standards and other statutory rules would be advantageous
- Experience in offshore wind farm operation and maintenance would be advantageous
- Oral and written communication skills in English
- Take a proactive approach to personal development to learn and continuously update skillset
- Take initiative and ownership, eager and capable to learn new things
- Innovative and creative, looking for new solutions
- Good team spirit and willingness to share experiences and support others
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions. We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!Apply for this job onlineRefer this job to a friendWhat made you choose to work at DNV?Video length: 33 seconds0:33There are several reasons why I decided to join DNV. First because of the missions, they were exciting and challenging, and I knew that I was going to be able to interact with interesting people from all around the world. Another reason that made me choose this organisation is probably the first contact that I got with my team. It was during the recruitment process in the interview phase. I felt like they were genuinely interested in me, in what I wanted to achieve and how they could support me to reach my goals, and continue to learn and grow within the organisation.LeslieGlobal People & Talent ManagerShare on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: