Arcadis is the world's leading company delivering sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions for natural and built assets.We are more than 36,000 people, in over 70 countries, dedicated to improving quality of life. Everyone has an important role to play. With the power of many curious minds, together we can solve the world’s most complex challenges and deliver more impact together.Role description:Arcadis is seeking an experienced Structural Engineer to join our Water Management team. This position may report to our Baton Rouge, LA or Metairie, LA office. This role sits within our global business area Resilience. We work to protect our natural environment and water resources while powering our world for future generations. Around the world, we’re feeling the effects of climate change, rapid urbanization, and loss of biodiversity. The rate at which we’re seeing large-scale, unforeseen events such as floods and wildfires, is becoming more frequent. We are here to protect our natural environment and water resources while powering our world for future generations.Role accountabilities:As a Structural Engineer, you will work with project managers and various engineering disciplines in support of our flood resiliency design work nationwide. You will ensure project compliance with various building codes, FEMA guidance, and especially USACE Engineering Manuals and Technical Guidance Documents.Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide structural engineering support to our national practice of flood resiliency design for a number of flood control projects featuring T and L-type concrete floodwalls, combi walls, roadway access gates such as swing gates and roller gates, hydraulic closure structures such as sector gates, vertical lift gates, Tainter gates and sluice gates, stormwater/drainage pump stations, outfall structures, retaining walls, small scale control buildings, shallow and deep foundations (piles, drilled shafts), etc.
- Develop conceptual, preliminary, and detailed final design calculations for a variety of flood control projects
- Prepare technical specifications, design drawings, and other structural contract documents
- Inspect existing structures and provide recommendations for the maintenance, repair, or replacement of any type of structure
- Collaborate with project managers and other discipline team members including civil, architectural, mechanical, and electrical to creatively solve design challenges
- Provide engineering support during construction thru submittal reviews, review of changes initiated by construction contractors, design and preparation of project modifications, and site visits with accompanying trip reports.
- Conduct site visits and field surveys as necessary to assess field conditions.
- Adhere to Arcadis practices, including but not limited to maintaining a safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, quality, rules & regulations, and enforcing safety standards
- Travel (up to 25%) for site inspections, construction progress reviews, client meetings, etc.
Qualifications & Experience:Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or a related discipline
- 5 years of experience designing flood protection, marine facility and/or civil infrastructure structures
- Experience in structural analysis and design of reinforced concrete, structural steel, reinforced masonry, and foundations
- Experience preparing structural contract documents, plans, and bid specifications for construction projects
- Knowledge of municipal project management, regulatory compliance, construction standards, and inspections
- Experience using AutoCAD/REVIT and structural engineering software (STAAD, RISA, Enercalc)
- Knowledge of building codes (e.g., IBC, ACI) and application to design situations.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or a related discipline
- EIT or PE license
Why Arcadis?We can only achieve our goals when everyone is empowered to be their best. We believe everyone's contribution matters. It’s why we are pioneering a skills-based approach, where you can harness your unique experience and expertise to carve your career path and maximize the impact we can make together.You’ll do meaningful work, and no matter what role, you’ll be helping to deliver sustainable solutions for a more prosperous planet. Make your mark, on your career, your colleagues, your clients, your life and the world around you.Together, we can create a lasting legacy.Join Arcadis. Create a Legacy.Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & BelongingWe want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.Arcadis offers benefits for full-time and part-time positions. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision, EAP, 401K, STD, LTD, AD&D, life insurance, paid parental leave, reward & recognition program and optional benefits including well-being benefits, adoption assistance, and tuition reimbursement. We offer seven paid holidays and potentially up to two floating holidays per calendar year depending on start date, and 15 days PTO that accrue per year. The salary range for this position is $70,800 - $122,130. #LI-RJ1#Resilience-NA#Water-NA