Arcadis is the world's leading company delivering sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions for natural and built assets.We are more than 36,000 people, in over 70 countries, dedicated to improving quality of life. Everyone has an important role to play. With the power of many curious minds, together we can solve the world’s most complex challenges and deliver more impact together.Role description:Arcadis is seeking an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to join our Water Management team. This position may report to our Baton Rouge, LA or Metairie, LA office.This role sits within our global business area Resilience. We work to protect our natural environment and water resources while powering our world for future generations. Around the world, we’re feeling the effects of climate change, rapid urbanization, and loss of biodiversity. The rate at which we’re seeing large-scale, unforeseen events such as floods and wildfires, is becoming more frequent. We are here to protect our natural environment and water resources while powering our world for future generations.Role accountabilities:As a Geotechnical Engineer, you will work with other engineering disciplines and project managers on a variety of flood control projects from conceptual level planning to the preparation of detailed engineering designs and construction. Additional responsibilities include:
- Prepare design calculations, portions of technical reports as well as the development of engineering plans and specifications for projects that may include dams, levees, pump/lift stations, floodwalls, gates, diversion canals, and stormwater and/or maintenance dredging projects
- Develop conceptual, preliminary, and detailed final design calculations for a variety of flood control projects
- Prepare technical specifications, design drawings, and other contract documents related to site evaluations and geotechnical design
- Inspect existing structures and provide recommendations for the maintenance, repair, or replacement of any type of structure
- Collaborate with project managers and other discipline team members including civil, architectural, mechanical, and electrical to creatively solve design challenges
- Provide engineering support during construction thru submittal reviews, review of changes initiated by construction contractors, design and preparation of project modifications, and site visits with accompanying trip reports.
- Conduct site visits and field surveys as necessary to assess field conditions.
- Adhere to Arcadis practices, including but not limited to maintaining a safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, quality, rules & regulations, and enforcing safety standards
- Travel (up to 25%) for site inspections, construction progress reviews, client meetings, etc.
Qualifications & Experience:Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Geotechnical Engineering or a related discipline
- 5 years of geotechnical design experience
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certificate with the ability to sit for Professional Engineer (PE) within 12 months of start date
- Geotechnical experience in slope stability, seepage, and foundation analyses
- Experience in preparing and reviewing project drawings, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates
- Functional experience with stability and seepage programs (preferably SlopeW and SeepW), Ensoft Programs, and MS Office applications
- USACE Civil Works design experience
- Advanced degree
- 8 years of experience in engineering consulting
- PE license
Why Arcadis?We can only achieve our goals when everyone is empowered to be their best. We believe everyone's contribution matters. It’s why we are pioneering a skills-based approach, where you can harness your unique experience and expertise to carve your career path and maximize the impact we can make together.You’ll do meaningful work, and no matter what role, you’ll be helping to deliver sustainable solutions for a more prosperous planet. Make your mark, on your career, your colleagues, your clients, your life and the world around you.Together, we can create a lasting legacy.Join Arcadis. Create a Legacy.Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & BelongingWe want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.Arcadis offers benefits for full-time and part-time positions. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision, EAP, 401K, STD, LTD, AD&D, life insurance, paid parental leave, reward & recognition program and optional benefits including well-being benefits, adoption assistance, and tuition reimbursement. We offer seven paid holidays and potentially up to two floating holidays per calendar year depending on start date, and 15 days PTO that accrue per year. The salary range for this position is $82,400 - $142,140. #LI-RJ1#Resilience-NA#Water-NA#WaterMgmtJobs