WHO WE AREMichael Baker International has more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction administration and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.DESCRIPTIONAs a CADD Technician I, under direct supervision, prepares preliminary and final drawings, layouts, maps, charts, and designs, using computer-aided design techniques and equipment. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking materials to be used, and dimensions of various parts as it relates to the whole structure or project
- Utilizes knowledge of various engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Makes any adjustments or changes necessary or desired.
- Prepares plan sets of structural designs from sketches.
- Uses computer assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-year Associates Degree in related field minimum
- 0 to 4+ years of experience using Autodesk AutoCAD.
- Experience using Bentley MicroStation
- Familiar with basic elements of building modeling and construction practices.
- Experience in creating and managing construction documents.
- Desired proficiency with the following computer applications: Bentley, AutoCAD, MS Project, MS Excel, MS
- Word, MS Outlook.
- Experience in BIM preferred.
- AutoCAD proficiency or experience creating drawings from verbal or written direction.
- Organized with great time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to ask questions and think independently while working within a team.
- Enjoys creative problem solving and critical thinking
- Willingness to learn / work cross discipline.
- Ability to follow standards given on project startup and directions of engineer
- Communication skills to share innovative ideas and solutions
COMPENSATIONThe salary range for the position is $50,000 to $75,000, depending on the candidate’s experience.