Haag, a leader in forensic engineering and consulting since 1924, is seeking a Forensic Structural Engineer in the Twin Cities area. This position may also be based in Madison, WI. Working from our Minneapolis office and/or remotely from your home office, you will investigate and evaluate the cause and extent of damage following storms, natural disasters, fires/explosions, construction/design defects, accidents, and other types of catastrophes.
- P.E. licensure in MN and WI is strongly preferred, however we will consider a talented E.I.T. who is planning to sit for the P.E. exam. (College transcripts will be required from E.I.T.s)
- 2+ years of on-the-job structural engineering experience is required. (College internships may count toward this requirement.)
- Some forensic engineering experience is a huge plus.
- Must be willing and able to perform the physical requirements of the job, including working in confined spaces and on roofs. Carrying ladders and operating other equipment are essential functions of the job.
- The ability to travel locally, regionally, and nationally as needed by vehicle or by plane.
- Must be able to work independently and with a cross-functional team of experts.
- Strong technical writing skills are required; the ability to write effective reports is critical.
- Strong verbal communication skills are necessary; you should be an effective communicator in face-to-face interactions.
- The ability to provide the utmost in customer service to our clients is a must.
- Technical proficiency with computers, phones, cameras, etc.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship or any restrictions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an ABET-accredited university is required. A Master of Science Degree in Structural Engineering is highly desirable.
Established in 1924, Haag is employee-owned and offers competitive salaries and bonus incentive plans to our Forensic Engineers. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a robust 401(k) plan, major medical, dental, and vision health coverage; company-provided life insurance with AD&D coverage; a health savings account; short and long-term disability coverages; legal insurance; and generous vacation pay, sick pay, holiday pay, stock purchase plan, etc. Our collaborative environment supports career advancement and offers the best professional training in the industry through Haag Education and the Haag Certification program. Haag Global is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Haag is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve. For those with disabilities, reasonable accommodations can be made at any stage of the interview process upon request. Haag thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted. We do not accept candidate referrals from third-party recruiters, employment or staffing agencies, organizations, or any other vendors/individuals who may represent job seekers. Unsolicited resumes submitted to Haag without a written agreement or contract already in place will be considered the property of Haag, and the company will not be responsible for any fees associated with the hiring of that candidate.