Mott MacDonald is seeking professionals to join our ever-expanding tunnel team. We are currently looking for versatile civil engineers in NY/NJ to serve as tunnel engineer on design projects as well as leading the Tunnel Condition Survey team with specific experience in conditions assessment of existing tunnels and underground facilities.
- Design and analysis of tunnels and underground structures
- Conducting condition surveys and underground assessments
- Coordination with other engineering disciplines and client
- Field data collection and report preparation including repair recommendations
- Developing construction cost estimates for repairs
The successful candidate should have:
- BS Civil Engineering; specialization in Tunnels/Structural/Geotechnical engineering preferred
- NY/NJ PE required for Team Leader; or working towards licensure within first year of employment
- NCTI Certified a plus
- A working knowledge of concrete, steel and foundation design
- Experience performing condition surveys and inspections in tunnels and underground structures
- 4+ year’s experience leading inspection teams in tunnels and preparing findings reports and recommendations
- Must be client service focused, embrace a safety culture, be a team player, and communicate well
- Working knowledge of public transportation agencies in the NY/NJ area a plus
- Must be willing to work some nights/weekends as necessary for tunnel inspection projects
Salary Range: $82,000 - $125,000
Benefits: 401k, medical, dental and vision insurance, STD/LTD disability, holiday, vacation and sick time, parental leave and company paid life insurance
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence