Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Our Special Services team are currently recruiting for a Chartered Senior Structural Engineering Analyst with advanced structural and dynamic analysis skills who can work on new and existing infrastructure, from a design, forensic, problem-solving and asset life extension perspective. This role requires technical expertise for solving problems and will provide you with the opportunity to utilise your skills and develop new capabilities.
You will be responsible for delivering specialised solutions for a range of civil and structural engineering projects. Working within the team, you will analyse code and non-code compliant structures to develop practical and cost-effective solutions to external and internal clients. You will also lead the advanced analysis for a variety of civil assets such as dams, tunnels, buildings, stadia, bridges and towers and you will liaise with clients to provide reports and technical updates while building strong relationships for longer term business development. You may also be involved in project management duties such as monitoring budgets and programmes for technical work.
Your responsibilities will involve the following:
- Carrying out advanced analysis for a variety of complex scenarios
- Checking, interpreting and questioning the outputs from analysis
- Preparing and delivering presentations and reports
- Defining and implementing quality assurance (QA) processes to ensure the work is done to a high standard
- Mentoring and developing engineers
- Networking with all areas of Mott MacDonald
Through your civil/structural/mechanical engineering career, you have gained strong structural analysis skills along with a practical understanding of how structures work, and you are passionate about taking an analytical approach to structural engineering applications. You are a keen problem-solver, focused on delivering technically excellent work, and are comfortable working from first principles and using advanced finite element analysis software as well as UK and European industry codes and standards with the ability to go beyond codified solutions where appropriate.
You have previously worked within a consultancy environment and have developed commercial awareness as well as been involved in supporting and developing new business opportunities. You are an effective communicator who can deliver presentations to stakeholders as well as build professional relationships through your interpersonal skills with internal and external clients. You are also able to demonstrate the following:
- A Degree or Master’s in Civil/Structural/Mechanical/General/Industrial Engineering (or equivalent)
- Chartered with IStructE/ICE/IMechE (similar will be considered)
- Proficient in the use of Finite element analysis software
- Experience with scripting and automation, preferably using Python
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients
- Technical rigour and focus on excellence
- Focus on the innovation and the continuous improvement of technical capabilities along with an interest in guiding and developing team members
Although not essential, if you have any further educational studies, membership with NAFEMS or experience in a relevant field such as blast engineering, thermal analysis, fracture mechanics, multi-physics or Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) or wind engineering, this will be advantageous
If you meet 80% or more of what we’re looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn’t know we need.
About the business unit
We help conceive, drive, and implement transport solutions for cities, regions, and asset owners/operators around the globe. From preparing the business case and advising on related issues - such as revenue, procurement, and environmental legislation - to delivering the completed infrastructure and helping maintain it. Our planning, engineering, environmental and management skills cover the whole project cycle. We play a major role in developing and delivering the Global Transport Sector Strategy.How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited – which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities – because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working – because life isn’t 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies – for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at [email protected] and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence