Project Engineer – Structural will play a vital role within the project team, related to the delivery of the Structural Engineering scope.
- Execution of Engineering and design works scope within budget and schedule; ensure the designs adhere to industry standards, specifications, local and international regulations.
- Review and approval of the Contractors’ designs and drawings and other relevant documentation and correspondence
- Provide engineering inputs and solutions during all project implementation phases of design development, construction and operation.
- Undertake regular site visits and inspections to review progress, participate in technical and progress meetings
- ensure design packages meet the relevant health, safety and environmental standards.
- Provide technical support for the design on all Structural works on the project, including large span structures, modern methods of construction etc.
- Assist in reviewing the project’s close out documents, stakeholder and statutory approvals.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
- Elevates issues to the Technical Lead, CMU Lead and the Engineer;
- Ensures that projects’ issues and documents are transferred to the Operations Team;
- Performs other tasks as directed by the Engineer and the Project Lead.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Engineering from an accredited University to the approval of the Engineer. Professional Engineering Registration in the United States or a Chartered Engineer in the United Kingdom, or any other recognized Professional Institution would be a distinct advantage. Local Authority Professional Engineer license is mandatory corresponding to the experience level.
- Experience with design and construction, design management, and client interface, local experience is preferred, ideally in the field of modular construction for educational projects, and healthcare projects.
- Experience in Modern methods of construction like modular construction, pre-cast construction, 3D printing, etc.
- PPP Project experience will be an advantage.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels including external stakeholders and Client team.
- Ensure MacDonald HSE policies are implemented and adhered in every activity
- Sound knowledge of professional and international standards.
At Mott MacDonald, our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do; relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is at the heart of our organisation. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate, rather take positive steps towards creating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- 90 calendar days’ paid maternity leave
- Competitive annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence