We seek well prepared students of top engineering schools to expand their education in structural engineering through the internship program offered at Walter P Moore. As an engineering intern in our structural engineering group, you will participate on project teams for architectural projects of all types, including commercial, sports, healthcare, and public assembly buildings. A sound technical background, strong communication skills and enthusiasm for the challenges of designing great structures are required.
Responsibilities will include
- Working with a small team of engineers and technicians in the Pune office under the guidance of the lead structural engineer.
- Fulfilling tasks set out by supervisors or Project Managers.
- Perform research and desktop studies under guidance of senior engineers and mentors.
- Technical specialization and personal initiative are pluses.
- Ability to multitask, attend meetings and document all design and calculations produced during the course of work.
Position responsibilities and requirements will also include:
- Working on structural analysis, design and related work on various types of projects in both India and the US
- Sound technical design background
- Knowledge of Revit Structure a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge and understanding of U.S. design codes and standards a plus
- Willingness to learn and grow with the company
- Quality conscious
- Final year students (or higher) of ME / MTech / MS in Civil Engineering with focus on Structural Engineering
- 0-2 years relevant experience (construction experience, a plus)
- Work experience on structural engineering projects, a plus
Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, architects, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructure challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, traffic, parking, transportation, enclosure, and construction engineering services, we design solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape communities worldwide. Founded in 1931 and headquartered in Houston, Texas, our 600+ professionals work across 20 U.S. offices and five international locations.