Walter P Moore, a premier consulting firm, headquartered in the United States, provides a broad range of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients from an extensive network of offices.
We have an immediate opening for the right individual to join our Diagnostics Group in our Pune, India office in the role of an Intern. In this position, the Intern will work with a team of engineers and technicians to provide engineering services on diagnostics related projects, including forensics, strengthening, restoration, renovation and rehabilitation of multiple types of structures. The responsibilities include:
Position responsibilities include:
- Assist project manager with project tasks
- Review and organize project-related documents
- Perform structural assessments and write assessment reports
- Research building codes and industry standards
- Perform field investigations, including non-destructive testing (travel required)
- Analyze proposed repair/design options
- Design and draft repair drawings and details
- Prepare construction documents such as repair drawings and specifications
- Observe construction and installation of repairs/designs in the field, including quality assurance
- Deep understanding of structural analysis concepts including buildings and bridges
- Familiarity with structural analysis software (e.g. SAP 2000, ETABS, STAAD)
- Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Familiarity with Non-Destructive tests a plus
- Computer programming skills is a plus
- Knowledge of Revit Structure a plus
- Final year students (or higher) of ME / M Tech / MS in Structural Engineering required
- 0-1 Year of experience is required (US project experience is a plus)
- Demonstrated interest in forensic engineering, strengthening, restoration and rehabilitation
- Knowledge of American codes, standards, and procedures a plus
Walter P Moore is an equal employment opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (including offering competitive compensation and benefit packages) to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws and encourage all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, architects, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructure challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, traffic, parking, transportation, enclosure, and construction engineering services, we design solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape communities worldwide. Founded in 1931 and headquartered in Houston, Texas, our 700+ professionals work across 23 U.S. offices and 6 international locations.Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
If you don't see a role open you're interested in, Connect with us here to send us your resume.