Do you like working on dynamic projects all over the world? Are you interested in applying your skills, talents, and education to work at a company that has a strong history and is well known in the industry? Do you want to be part of a team that will inspire you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? If you said yes to these questions, then read on to learn more about Knight Piésold and the opportunities we have open.Why Join Knight Piésold?
- You will be joining a reputable, well established global consulting firm with over 100 years of industry experience that specializes in Mining, Environmental, Hydropower and Water Resources.
- We believe in the One Team approach, with everyone working together toward achieving a shared goal. There are no barriers, and no one works in isolation. You will get to build on your talents through our knowledge-sharing culture, working across borders and collaborating with top professionals in the industry.
- We value each employee and recognize their contribution to the overall success of the company.
The Role:The Field/Laboratory Technician will provide construction quality assurance/quality control (CQA/CQ) for earthworks testing as well as geosynthetics installation.Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all company and client specific safety requirements.
- Perform field CQA/QC observation and testing.
- Perform geotechnical laboratory testing, including:
- Grain size, Atterberg Limits, specific gravity
- Compaction tests – Proctors
- Soils processing
- Hydraulic conductivity
- Perform concrete testing.
- Onsite interaction with clients, contractors and engineers.
- Oversee one to two CQA/QC and laboratory team members.
- Provide training to one to two CQA/QC and laboratory team members.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- 3+ years of experience in field construction materials testing CQA/QC, specifically soils testing, liner CQA, and laboratory testing.
- Basic to intermediate math skills.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Ability to work weekends, as required.
- Ability to travel and work out of town for extended periods, as required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally move more than 100 pounds, with assistance
- Ability to spend a majority of time walking and doing inspections for multiple days.
Work Environment: Work will be performed in a field setting and a geotechnical soils laboratory and may be exposed to varying ambient conditions. Adherence to safety standards including those of the firm, MSHA, and OSHA is mandatory. Site specific and MSHA New Miner or annual refresher training will be made available.Compensation:Compensation will vary depending on work experience and will be discussed prior to hire. Work hours will vary by week as work is available. This is an hourly position, subject to overtime, as applicable by law. Benefits:Because our employees are our most important asset, we created a benefit program to support you and your family now and into the future. Our benefits include: 401(k) / Roth 401(k) / Employer matching, Health insurance – including Prescription drugs, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Flexible spending account (health and dependent care reimbursement), Health Savings account (HSA), Short and long-term disability, Life insurance, Wellness and employee assistance programs, Flexible work schedule, Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday), Professional development assistance, Employee referral bonus, Transit benefit program, as well as a Discretionary annual bonus program. Knight Piésold provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. EEO PolicyApplicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. If you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] or please call us at 1-303-629-8788 between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm MST, Monday-Friday.