Job available in these locations:
Portland, OR, United StatesVancouver, WA, United StatesStaff Geotechnical Engineer
Haley & Aldrich is a 900+ personnel national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of our culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds. Haley & Aldrich is looking for a Staff Geotechnical Engineer in our Portland, OR or Vancouver, WA offices. As a geotechnical engineer you will bring your expertise and unique solutions to highly visible and challenging projects. Our mid-sized group allows junior and entry-level candidates immediate heightened responsibilities, and an open-door policy encourages 1:1 access to some of the best and most experienced geotechnical leaders in the region. This engineering role would include both field (25%) and office (75%) work. DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Perform geotechnical engineering calculations and analyses.
- Perform geotechnical report writing.
- Complete geotechnical field exploration and sample collection.
- Perform geotechnical construction monitoring and testing.
- Participate in client meetings and presentations.
- M.S. or M.Eng. in Geotechnical Engineering
- 0-3 years of related experience
- Engineer-in-Training Certificate (preferred)
- Ability to obtain PE license in 3-4 years
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Team attitude and the ability to interact well with internal staff, and project teams that will include other consultants, contractors, and clients.
- Experience with geotechnical programs such as Slide, Settle3D, and LPile (preferred)
- Experience on construction sites and field explorations (preferred)
- Ability to travel to temporary assignments across the U.S., the Pacific Islands region, and internationally as necessary
- The ability to lift 50lbs and navigate uneven terrain.
- Current driver's license
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 900 engineers, scientists, and constructors in more than 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package and you can find a detailed list of all our benefits here. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.In accordance with Washington Equal Pay Transparency laws, the salary range for this role in WA is $78,000 - $90,000.#LI-NS1