Project Civil Engineer
Haley & Aldrich is a 900+ personnel national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of our culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.We are looking to add new talent to our growing team! We are currently seeking a Staff Civil Engineer that will support a variety of challenging multi-disciplinary engineering assessment and civil engineering design projects. Projects include general site civil/geotechnical, water resources management, waste management, remediation, and contaminated site management. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company and get involved in a variety of projects for a diverse range of clients. This is a full-time position located in our Cleveland, OH office.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Work collaboratively with a technical team supporting heavy industry clients with a diversity of challenging civil and environmental projects.
- Take an active role in and ownership of each project and assigned task, even if the work effort is outside of the candidate’s core competencies, while seeking guidance from other technical/senior management.
- Provide technical and engineering and design contributions to site investigations, civil/remedial design, and closure implementation projects to address client goals and objectives.
- Prepare civil/surface water, geotechnical/stability, geo-environmental design plans, supporting design calculations, technical specifications and supporting engineering cost estimates for “to be built” civil and geo-environmental construction projects.
- Prepare proposals, technical reports/presentations and regulatory compliance submissions for client deliverables including findings and recommendations from a variety of civil and environmental engineering projects.
- Support management of projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Support field construction activities including office and field CQA assignments for built projects and supporting senior PE certifications of the same.
- B.S. in Engineering or similar discipline. M.S. a plus.
- 3+ years of professional services consulting experience.
- FE minimum required, on the path to Professional Engineering (PE) registration or certification, a plus.
- Familiarity with earthwork, site/civil, geotechnical, stormwater aspects of residential/commercial/industrial projects is expected.
- Experienced in engineering design supporting site-civil and geo-environmental projects associated with site civil development, heavy industry, and waste management. Coal Combustion Residual (CCR) and industrial/solid waste management experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must which includes proficient writing, review, and editing of technical reports, feasibility studies and basis of design documents to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations.
- Maturity and willingness to accept direction and project responsibilities including office and field assignments and a demonstrated record of self-directed and motivated attitude toward learning and career growth.
- Strong computer literacy skills including a working knowledge of industry standard software is required, such as AutoCAD/Autodesk/Civil 3D, Autodesk Hydraulics and Hydrology tools is preferred.
- Strong organization skills and an attention to detail is expected.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, flexibility, and willingness to see projects through to completion is a must.
- Limited travel as required to support project activities (e.g., meetings, site investigations/construction inspections, CQA activities oversight, and recon./site visits). Travel may also include technical conferences/industry events.
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 900 engineers, scientists, and constructors in more than 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package and you can find a detailed list of all our benefits here. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.#LI-SB1